HTML/XML TF Minutes 9 Aug 2011

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:14:39 -0400
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
See http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/08/09-minutes

                                   - DRAFT -

                              HTML/XML Task Force

Meeting 11, 09 Aug 2011

   See also: [3]IRC log

           Norm, Michael, Bob, Yves

           Henri, Anne, Robin

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting 16 August 2011
         4. [8]TPAC
         5. [9]Review of comments
         6. [10]Any other business?

     * [11]Summary of Action Items

  Accept this agenda?

   -> [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/08/09-agenda

  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes

  Next meeting 16 August 2011

   <scribe> Continued regrets from Anne, Robin

   Norm: Just a reminder that we could meet at TPAC if we wanted to.

  Review of comments

   Norm: We're thin on the ground this week, I suggest we look at Henri's
   review and then see where we are.

   Bob: I agree, but I'd like to say that for an initial implementation we
   only talk to XHTML. If we try to make it work with HTML, I think that'll
   be harder.

   Norm: As I said before, the *purpose* of this task force is to look at the
   intersection of HTML and XML, it's not about XHTML.

   Bob: Yes, but we can take the low hanging fruit first.

   Norm: I think for your problem, that makes sense, but for this Task Force,
   XHTML is if anything a distraction.

   Bob: I think we should be more explicit.

   Norm: I think Noah has some prose for the introduction that might help.
   ... Yves, Michael, did you get a chance to look at Henri's comments?

   General agreement with Henri's comments.

   Yves: I think Henri is right about the last part; we should remove the
   MTOM/XOP references as they're not the problem.

   Norm: I agree.
   ... I propose we accept the changes Henri suggests.

   Bob describes the application that he posted to the list recently.

   Norm suggests he talk to the HTML WG.

  Any other business?

   Bob: Will you post a new version with Henri's changes?

   Norm: Yes, I will.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version 1.135 ([16]CVS
    $Date: 2011/08/10 18:09:10 $

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/08/09-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2011/08/09-html-xml-irc