Re: What problem is this task force trying to solve and why?

John,

XML5 is how Henri Sivonen and others on the HTML5 WG are referring to XML
parsed by that parser. HTXML is my own notation for it, since I find the
XML5 notation misleading, with HTXML just indicative of XML as rendered by
the HTML5 parser.

The point I'm trying to make with the last post was that if there was a
formalism within the parsers that can be standardized, then this may be the
best that can be achieved by the task force. That most parsers do parse
"dirty" XML indicates that this may not be that onerous a change - it's just
a question of whether you require that strictness or not.

Kurt Cagle
XML Architect
*Lockheed / US National Archives ERA Project*