W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-01-31 - Issues, CFCs and TF Reports

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:37:45 -0500
Message-ID: <511278C9.5060609@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Available at: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-html-wg-minutes.html

Plain text version:

                        HTML Weekly Teleconference

31 Jan 2013

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-html-wg-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           krisk

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 31 None
          2. [5]2. New Issues This Week:
          3. [6]3. Items Closed Last Week
          4. [7]4. Items Closing This Week
          5. [8]5. Items Closing Next Week
          6. [9]6. New Calls this week
          7. [10]7. New Surveys this week
          8. [11]8. Decisions this week
          9. [12]9. Task Force Reports
         10. [13]10. Other Business
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 31 January 2013

    <scribe> scribe: krisk

    1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 31

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 31 None

2. New Issues This Week:

    none

    There are 5 tracker requests

    paulc: working through them one at a time

    [15]http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywo
    rds=TrackerRequest

      [15] 
http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

    paulc: two are cover by other agenda items, trying to avoid
    them becoming issues

3. Items Closed Last Week

    First CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with
    Plan 2014, Closed Jan 23
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0020.html

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0020.html

    close with no object

    Second Preference Survey: Microdata Note vs Recommendation
    Track, Closed Jan 24
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0022.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0022.html

    also closed last week

4. Items Closing This Week

    One item a) CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions
    specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD), Closed
    Jan 30
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0102.html

      [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0102.html

    paulc: This is an active thread on the list, chairs discussing
    how to proceed
    ... both lots of disent and lots of people that agree with the
    WD publishing

5. Items Closing Next Week

    none

6. New Calls this week

    First CfC: HTML Microdata minimum CR period, Closes Feb 4
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0184.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0184.html

    <scribe> closed

    Second CfC: to publish Public Identifiers for Entity Resolution
    in XHTML specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD),
    Closes Feb 6
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0212.html

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0212.html

    paulc: A number of explicit supporters

7. New Surveys this week

    none

8. Decisions this week

    a) WG Decision on Microdata Note vs Recommendation Track
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0182.html

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0182.html

    b) CFC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate
    Recommendation

    paulc: WG decision to move Microdata to CR
    ... I belive we do need to pick the editor for Microdata
    (Mike?)
    ... no action item but co-chairs will pick an editor

    next item Isssue closing on ISSUE-207

    CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan
    2014
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0185.html Status: On last week's WG call we targeted moving
    forward with a CfC to publish both responsive-images and srcset
    attribute extensions spec later this week (when Ted finishes
    some bug work on srset attribute proposal). Srcset bugs:
    [23]http://tinyurl.com/apf88ub

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0185.html
      [23] http://tinyurl.com/apf88ub

    paulc: hober are you on track to close the bugs (was at 6->7)

    hober: we are now down to 2 and I'm happy with the progress

    paulc: I'll do a CFC for the picture element and a seperate of
    the srcset attribute

    hober: sounds good

    paulc: sam is this ok?

    sam: yes

9. Task Force Reports

    b) Accessibility Task Force

    group working on clean bugs with keywords

    paulc wants group to work on longdesc

    janina: we think we have the group ready
    ... we have a few more edits so that it's clear...should take
    another week
    ... By Feb 8th we should be compete
    ... the issue on alt is on me and waiting for a response from
    robin

    paulc: these are in the Other Business in the agena (item a and
    item b)

    Next Media Task Force

    We processed the meeting source extension

    The group meets weekly

    CFC on eme and around 30 bugs on this spec while the WG
    continues work the decision on the spec

    Testing Task Force

    Group met on tuesday (light attendance)

    Group blocked on getting content from git -> w3c-test.org

    Mike are you around to given an update on this issue

    Mike: I should be able to get this done in a week

    krisk: will this also cover the use case where someone has a
    branch?

    mike: yes this should be possible

    krisk: ok

10. Other Business

    paulc: a few items

    a) HTML5 Image Description Extension candidate FPWD
    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013Ja
    n/0112.htm l Status: We are waiting for A11Y TF to finish the
    TF's wiki of results and then we will be ready to do a WG CfC
    to publish a FPWD.
    [25]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/1f251fcbe363
    /longdesc1/longdesc.html

      [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013Jan/0112.htm
      [25] 
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/1f251fcbe363/longdesc1/longdesc.html

    paulc: Expect ask to Co-chairs for a CFC on Feb 8th

    b) HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives
    [26]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726 which
    includes TrackerRequest Steve's request for a delay in a
    Preference Poll re normativity:
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0002.html Status: This item is still awaiting a progress
    report from A11Y TF and Editors on the status of problems in:
    [28]http://www.davidmacd.com/WCAG/WAI/buggy.html

      [26] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726
      [27] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0002.html
      [28] http://www.davidmacd.com/WCAG/WAI/buggy.html

    paulc: I'll continue to track this so that we do get discussion
    on the bugs on public html
    ... any comments?

    krisk: none

    c) Plans for preference poll on future of Polyglot document
    [29]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/polyglot-status-prefer
    ence-poll/ Note: Poll is NOT open. Chairs are waiting for
    discussion on public-html@w3.org to finish.

      [29] 
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/polyglot-status-preference-poll/

    paulc: co-chairs were going to wait to seehow the Microdata
    pref poll went
    ... we do need to figure out how to process some of the
    suggestions

    d) Media Source Extensions FPWD publication
    [30]http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9697
    [31]http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-media-source-20130129/

      [30] http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9697
      [31] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-media-source-20130129/

    paulc we did have a CFC to publish ARIA in HTML as FPWD

    e) Re: CfC: to publish ARIA in HTML specification as a First
    Public Working Draft (FPWD)
    [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
    an/0006.html Status: Publication is still pending resolution of
    Publicationa Rule changes.

      [32] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0006.html

    paulc: mike are you working on this?

    mike: yes

    paulc: Ok thanks
    ... W3C announces TPAC 2013 in china

    f) W3C Announces TPAC 2013 in China, Nov 18-22 2013
    [33]http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9703

      [33] http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9703

    paulc: any other business?
    ... none
    ... scribe for next week?

    krisk: I can help

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 6 February 2013 15:38:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:53 UTC