W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2013

Minutes: HTML WG telecon 2013-01-17 - Issues, Task Force Reports, Publications

From: Jay Munro <jaymunro@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:04:29 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <452c56682ae449d89d4b1affaf0dc613@BN1PR03MB038.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-minutes.html



[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
SV_MEETING_TITLE
24 Jan 2013

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
jaymunro
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Testing task force<http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   accessiblity<http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<paulc> late joining since I have a telephone tech here trying to fix a line problem

<mjs> can everyone hear me? I'm talking but no one is responding

<janina> Cannot hear you, Maciej!

<mjs> I'll try redialing

<janina> Yes!

what's involved with scribing?

<cabanier> you type what people say

<cabanier> I can send minutes Jay

<cabanier> scribenick: jaymunro

ok

action items due by 1/24/13 - none

<trackbot> Error finding 'items'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users>.<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users%3E.>

<scribe> New issues this week:

<mjs> http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

five tracking items

first item is for poliglot spec.

blog 282, microdata that is currently being surveyed. the preference poll closes today

tracker bug - request to add an identifyer

proposed an extension spec, could be published,

tracker bug - change to the drag and drop processing model, A newly tracker requested model. not investigated completed.

an extension requst could be a solution

<mjs> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15213

<cabanier> * jay, you need to start each sentence with the speaker *

items closed last week

MJS: topic items closed last week

<scribe> closed 1/16/13 - adopted CfC: to publish Media Source Extensions specification as a First

Public Working Draft (FPWD)

<mjs> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-preference-poll/

MJS: Topic microdata notes vs recommendation track survey - closing later today.
... If you have comments respond. 32 in favor of rec, 4 in favor of publishing as notes
... item closing this week - responsive images. We have active work on two areas, and chairs decided to handle it consistenly.

MJS chairs are expected to close on it short.

MC: what is it that the responsive images community group should do? or just wait

MJS: later in agenda will discuss - suggest we get back to that question later.
... items closing next week - none

<Marcos> zaking, [IPcaller] is marcosc

MJS: item new calls this week - none

<paulc> CfC on EME: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0102.html

MJS: task force reports;
Testing task force

<krisk> We met last week notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2013Jan/0006.html

Krisk: sync between git and w3c test site. people are fixing some broken test from move to GIT.

<krisk> Working on getting sync between git -> http://www.w3c-test.org/

PAULC: where is the definiteve test suite

Krisk: once it was moved to GIT it doesn't exist, but official test is under construction.

when fixed up, will be moved to w3 test site. mike is working on it.

<MikeSmith> it is going to take a little time yet to get the sync to w3c-test.org again

PAULC: any significance to chinas block on the git test suite. W3c announced in a new host. Appears to be resolved.

<MikeSmith> darobin and I are talking with the W3C systems team about how best to get the sync working

Krisk: this is the type of thing that we don't control when we've moved away from W3 resources.
accessiblity

taskforce

Janina: closing an old action items. a couple ofitems pending

Paulc: wanted to report back to the wg that when he sent transition request to chairs, someone pointed out what ARIA was in the document. Judy brewer suggested that there needs to be changes to answer question.

maybe changes title "using ARIA in HTML", rather than just ARIA in HTML

JANINA: document requires some editing that were missing. It couldn't have been published anyway. Nothing substantial, but needs work.

PAULC: Asked editer to make changes and send back to WG when done:

<MikeSmith> I will help more with getting the ARIA-in-HTML doc pubrules-ready. Sorry, it's my fault it's not yet, because I told Steve I would do it but was not able to make time yet. Will try to have it done tomorrow.

PAULC: perspective cfc for an extension spec - longdesc or long decriptions in HTML.

there was one commenter that in our draft we didn't characterize their situation. Charles is going to clarify and then it can be forward to wg.

Action on charles to fix

<trackbot> Error finding 'on'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users>.<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users%3E.>

Paul:

what's the status on alt work

Janina: I have a draft in my draft folder. Just need to get Yuris notes in

<Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to say the W3C webmaster told me we can't publish the MSE spec today, but he will publish it on Tuesday the 30th instead

MJS: media task for

PAUL: media source extensions - successfull call for extensions publication is immeninent. Task for alternates meeting and will try to close out the last 10 bugs
... encrypted media was mentioned. Task force requestred a CFC. - chairs will take up meeting next week.

MIKESMITH: mike: publication on tuesdays and thrusdays. We missed today, so we'll publsih on tuesday the 30th'

PAULC: thanks for the report.

MJS: Other business section
... a new round of publications- chairs will start a round of discussion for next batch of pubs.
... we'll want a heartbeat soon. We've seen a few where the wds were last published in oct, so we'll want to publish them.

do we publish drafts that are in cr? Usually we don't because they drop back to wd.

W3c process recommends heart beat drafts for every doc that isn't in its end state.

one document needs to be published every 3 months.

<paulc> See http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Publications for a description of our current publications and editors drafts.

the responsive images draft, pictures elements,appear to be ready. srcset not looking ready. Html5.1 and canvas potentially could be published.

MJS: Any comments?

<paulc> HTML 5.1 and Canvas2D Level 2 were published in Dec 2012

PAULC: html5.1 and canvas were published in december

MJS: If we go as long as March, we would need new ones.

PAULC: we didn't publish extension guides, dev guide, etc in Dec with other heartbeats

paulc, why didn't we publish?

MIKESMITH: a lot of work to get docs ready, could have been that we minimized the on track ones that we have a deadline for.

PAULC: our goal was to get drafts out. Oct published documents again, along with others.

<Zakim> tantek, you wanted to mention CR and heartbeats

TANTEK: quickly comment. good idea to continue heartbeats, to keep them up to date.
... caveat, if substantial changes, we need to take it back to wd. leave it up to the editors that there are any substantial changes, but if are, publish heartbeat. Then drop to last call if big changes.

YOAV: responsive images can move forward without waiting on srcset. The two can move forward indepenendly.

HOBER: I agree, they can be published independently

MJS: is srcset ready?

HOBER: would like to resolve bug 20176 first, on track to publish for next week.

MJS: TOPIC: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary

<paulc> I have to leave early. sorry.

MJS: Published last week. GIves overview of recent happenings in open web platform. Don't need to go through it now, but comments?
... Any other items on the agenda?
... Asking for volunteers to scribe?

<krisk> I can scribe

MJS: Krisk will scribe. (thank you)

<cabanier> rssagent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.137 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2013-01-24 17:51:24 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 24 January 2013 18:08:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:53 UTC