{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-11-15- Actions, CR drafts, FPWD for main, Task Force reports

On Nov 14, 2012, at 8:51 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-11-15 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

The minutes from this week's meeting are available in HTML here:

http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                HTML WG

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0013.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober,
          Cynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara,
          Radhika_Roy, +1.613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba

   Regrets

   Chair
          Maciej

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, November 15
         2. [6]Calls for Consensus to advance to CR
         3. [7]Steps for remaining potential CR documents
         4. [8]Calls for Consensus to advance to FPWD
         5. [9]Task Force reports
         6. [10]Testing Task Force
         7. [11]A11Y Task Force
         8. [12]Media Task Force
         9. [13]Other Business
        10. [14]Scribe for next meeting (in two weeks)
     * [15]Summary of Action Items

   <mjs> hello WG

   <mjs> Zakin, who is making noise?

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

ACTION items due by Thursday, November 15

   action-223?

   <trackbot> ACTION-223 -- Paul Cotton to figure out how
   extension specs can refer to HTML 5.1 -- due 2012-11-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/223

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/223

   mjs: paul is on vacation

   action-224?

   <trackbot> ACTION-224 -- Robin Berjon to summarise I18N
   discussion and bugs, copy public-i18n -- due 2012-11-09 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/224

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/224

   hober: robin sent that summary while at tpac

   <mjs> close action-244

   <trackbot> Sorry... closing ACTION-244 failed, please let
   sysreq know about it

   <mjs> close action 22-4

   <mjs> close action-224

   <trackbot> ACTION-224 Summarise I18N discussion and bugs, copy
   public-i18n closed

Calls for Consensus to advance to CR

   mjs: the chairs have put out CfCs for htm5, canvas 2d context,
   and microdata
   ... useful to have a record of positive responses; if you agree
   with moving these to cr, please post to that end on the list
   ... if you have objections, such as the set of at risk features
   or anything else, please do post those as well
   ... longer-than-usual CfC period to to Thanksgiving holiday

Steps for remaining potential CR documents

   mjs: polyglot and alt techniques documents need to have some
   issues resolved before they move forward
   ... both have objections re: note- or rec-track
   ... both documents need custom cr exit criteria
   ... they consist entirely of author conformance criteria
   without ua conformance requirements
   ... hoping the editors will propose cr exit criteria
   ... we also need cr candidate drafts to be prepared

Calls for Consensus to advance to FPWD

   mjs: one out this week, on main element -
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/012
   9.html
   ... a number of folk have expressed support
   ... no objections as of yet
   ... this would define <main> that serves the same role as the
   corresponding ARIA landmark role
   ... like the other landmark-like sectioning elements
   (<article>, etc.)

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0129.html

Task Force reports

Testing Task Force

   krisk: we haven't met since tpac
   ... meet again next tuesday
   ... considering changing the organization of the folders tests
   live in

A11Y Task Force

   janina_: new leadership and participants
   ... some time-sensitive work, such as the alt guidance in html5
   section 4.8
   ... tf would like to meet with the (html5) editors about this
   ... chaals took an action item to follow up on this
   ... re: longdesc, chaals has some edits to make, we will have a
   tf cfc through the monday following thanksgiving
   ... bug triage team is trying to clear out the bugs with a11ytf
   keywords on them
   ... discussed producing extension specs around issue-194

Media Task Force

   adrianba: not much to report
   ... haven't met since tpac
   ... part of one tpac day was spent on the two media specs
   ... fair amount of pending work from tpac discussion
   ... tpac discussions were very fruitful and productive
   ... next meeting is in 2 weeks

Other Business

Scribe for next meeting (in two weeks)

   <adrianba> i can scribe

   cabanier: i can scribe

   mjs: we are adjourned

   RRSAgent: make logs public

   RRSAgent: generate minutes

   RRSAgent: make logs public

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
    1.133 ([20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/11/15 18:00:43 $

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [21]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Mirc_Text_Format (score 0.98)

Succeeded: s/the/be/
Found ScribeNick: hober
Inferring Scribes: hober
Default Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober, C
ynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara, Radhika_Roy, +1.
613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba
Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa +1.415.595.aabb cabanier hober Cynthia_Shell
y krisk Eliot jaymunro edoyle Barbara Radhika_Roy +1.613.287.aacc Martin
Soukup adrianba

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Agenda: [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
2012OctDec/0013.html

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0013.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 15 Nov 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.html

   End of [24]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm