W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-13: Task Force Reports and Discussions

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:04:48 -0700
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2mx0t97m7.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Hi Sam,

You wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-09-13 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

The minutes from today's teleconference are available in HTML here:

           http://www.w3.org/2012/09/13-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

13 Sep 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0027.html

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          rubys

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Testing Task Force
         2. [5]Accessibility Task Force
         3. [6]Media Task Force
         4. [7]Adaptive Image Element Proposal
         5. [8]Evolving AppCache discussions
         6. [9]Proposed rewording of ISSUE-204 text
         7. [10]Scribe for next meeting
         8. [11]Adjournment
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Testing Task Force

   krisk: met as planned
   ... bug 17891

   <krisk>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17891

     [13] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17891

   krisk: spec was changed, we're not sure why
   ... firefox will change their behavior
   ... spec should be reverted
   ... updated the wiki with newly approved tests
   ... approved a bunch more tests at recent meeting
   ... mostly html5lib tests
   ... submissions from baidu on contenteditable="" and design
   mode
   ... intel has also submitted more tests
   ... <audio> and <video> tests
   ... Test The Web Forward right before TPAC this year
   ... hoping to get some tests for the htmlwg there

Accessibility Task Force

   janina: had a productive meeting
   ... issue-204 seems to be moving forward; thanks to everyone
   who has helped
   ... not all the way there yet
   ... cynthia will be coming up with some language
   ... we may need until the next pf call next wednesday
   ... from the pf perspective it shouldn't take longer than that
   ... re: issue-30, we're also getting close on that
   ... providing a top-level summary etc. for InstateLongdesc
   proposal
   ... text subteam meeting is next tuesday

   janina: those are the main issues under focus in the tf

Media Task Force

   paulc: continue to meet every 2 weeks
   ... two items
   ... impacted by summer vacations
   ... the media services meeting this past tuesday was cancelled
   due to travel etc.
   ... the encrypted media group made significant advances 10 days
   ago at last meeting
   ... 3 co-editors of that spec have assigned all the remaining
   bugs
   ... are making progress on proposing resolutions on them
   ... media services spec has received wider review; doubled bug
   count
   ... want to make a first pass on all of the bugs before
   bringing back to the wider wg
   ... estimating fpwd before tpac, but will depend on progress
   the editors make
   ... making excellent progress

Adaptive Image Element Proposal

   rubys: document out for review:
   [14]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/tip/responsiv
   e-images/responsive-images.html
   ... please provide comments if you have any

     [14] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/tip/responsive-images/responsive-images.html

Evolving AppCache discussions

   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/006
   0.html

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0060.html

   rubys: request for new mailing list; discussing using [topic]
   tags in subject line instead

Proposed rewording of ISSUE-204 text

   rubys: a cut at the wording is in the spec now
   ... further revisions can proceed as bug reports

   paulc: maybe the chairs should give a report on heartbeat docs
   ... the chairs have approached the editors of the various specs
   to see if we can publish heartbeat docs by the end of the month
   ... had wanted to stabilize docs by 9/15
   ... plan will probably slip by a week
   ... it's more likely that a CfC will go out a week from this
   coming monday, the 24th
   ... that CfC will last a week
   ... aiming to publish in early october
   ... should also talk about TPAC arrangements
   ... i will revive the email thread
   ... to make sure people are aware of registration, hotels, etc.
   ... we're scheduled to meet thu/fri at tpac, like in the last
   couple of years

   <Wilto> Mat Marquis here. Joining a bit late; sorry.

   paulc: same venue in lyon as in 2010

   Cynthia: any opportunity for call-ins?

   paulc: i'll check

   Janina: we had gregory on the phone 2 years ago

   paulc: the meeting will likely be run in an unconference-style
   ... won't know what the schedule will be until the first day

   plh: we can put a polycom in the room if needed

   paulc: i'll take an action item to point out the tpac info to
   the wg
   ... cynthia, could you respond to that email with a request for
   telcon infrastructure

   janina: question about adaptive images
   ... pf needs to prioritize looking at this
   ... is it in 5.0, or .next, or do we not know?

   rubys: will proceed on a separate track, so might be inbetween

   paulc: i think the operative question is how are we going to
   move this work item forward
   ... should it have a bugzilla component, etc.
   ... i can take this offline with Wilto and figure out what our
   plan is
   ... & then to propose the plan to the wg

   adrianba: just want to lend support for creating a bugzilla
   component for this

   rubys: likely uncontroversial

   paulc: i'll email mike smith to make a component

Scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?

   paulc: if i'm not chairing, i'll scribe

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 13 September 2012 17:05:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC