W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-01: issue progress and heartbeat drafts

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 09:33:53 -0800
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m24nu8p6ny.fsf_-_@eoconnor.apple.com>
Sam wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-03-01 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

The meeting minutes are available in HTML here:

           http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.



                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

01 Mar 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0020.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Mark_Vickers, kimberly, [Microsoft], Sam, hober, paulc,
          +1.760.591.aaaa, Clarke, Julian, Mike, +1.858.735.aacc,
          glenn, adrianba, MarkW, pchampin, eliot, Radhika_Roy

   Regrets
   Chair
          rubys

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Action items due by Thursday, March 1
         2. [6]New Issues This Week:
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [10]New Calls this week
         7. [11]New Surveys this week
         8. [12]Decisions this week
         9. [13]Other Business
        10. [14]Scribe for next meeting
        11. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 01 March 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, March 1

   rubys: there are none

New Issues This Week:

   rubys: there are none

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element --
   postponed

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

   rubys: all the proposals were withdrawn

   ISSUE-187?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over
   the time -- open

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- open

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   rubys: call for alternates closed

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   ISSUE-200?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
   non-FIELDSET elements -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

   rubys: extended the deadline, closed Feb 26

   ISSUE-182?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes
   inaccessible content -- open

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

   ISSUE-188?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a
   way agnostic of the specific caption format -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

   rubys: both had CfCs that closed 2/28

Items Closing This Week

   ISSUE-189?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated
   with IETF -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

   rubys: closes today

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that
   prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   rubys: chairs have provided feedback, would like to see a response
   by 3/10

New Calls this week

   three CfCs due 3/7

   ISSUE-170?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- open

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   ISSUE-200?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
   non-FIELDSET elements -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

   rubys: one proposal received
   ... call for counter or alternate proposals closes 3/28

New Surveys this week

   rubys: there are none

Decisions this week

   ISSUE-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element --
   postponed

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

   rubys: closed without prejudice and deferred
   ... all proposals were withdrawn

Other Business

   rubys: CfC to publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs

   <rubys>
   [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html

     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html

   rubys: call went out, one objection, currently discussing that
   objection

   <rubys>
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0425.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0425.html

   paulc: i assume the chairs will have to rule here?

   rubys: yes

   paulc: we should let the wg know we'll attempt to do that today

   rubys: ok
   ... Encrypted Media proposal has generated a lot of discussion on
   the list
   ... it's not clear what the intended path of the document is
   ... we are monitoring the discussion

   adrianba: i can clarify the intention
   ... we submitted the proposal for 2 reasons
   ... came out of the web and tv ig's submission to the wg
   ... lengthy discussion at tpac
   ... primarily made the submission for the IG's requirements

   ISSUE-179?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) -- open

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

   adrianba: this proposal demonstrates the ability to add
   functionality to media elements without resorting to <param>
   ... current list discussion falls into two categories
   ... do people even want to work on such a proposal
   ... and specific feedback on things people would like clarified /
   changed in the draft
   ... we are improving the proposal based on this feedback
   ... perhaps forming a tf to work on this spec
   ... that way the people not interested wouldn't have to see the list
   traffic
   ... looking for guidance on how to move this proposal forward

   rubys: i would support a tf
   ... next step is to push for a fpwd

   adrianba: fpwd may be too high a hurdle right now

   paulc: should we create a bugzilla component for you?

   adrianba: that would be helpful, yes

   paulc: in the past we've made sure TFs have clear leadership,
   communication channels, etc.
   ... i can do what i did for the a11y and testing TFs

   <scribe> ACTION: paulc to set up an encrypted media propsal task
   force, due next week [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-209 - Set up an encrypted media propsal
   task force, due next week [on Paul Cotton - due 2012-03-08].

   paulc: adrianba, can you be my contact?

   adrianba: yes

   MikeSmith: i can set up the bugzilla component right now

   paulc: can you easily roll that back?

   MikeSmith: yes

   paulc: ok, go ahead and do that
   ... i will include you on the tf setup emails

   <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to ask if I should set up the bugzilla
   component

   rubys: CfC to adopt time syntax changes

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element --
   open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   rubys: objections were due by 2/29
   ... likely this will pass
   ... review of second reopen request for issue 31b [alt-location]
   ... we weren't able to find sufficient new information
   ... have suggested ways to improve the request
   ... Chair Review of the Change Proposals for ISSUE-179

   ISSUE-179?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) -- open

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

     [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

   <glenn> expect to update issue-179 CP based on chairs feedback b4
   next telcon

   rubys: expecting issue to be updated given our feedback by march
   22nd
   ... late change proposal for ISSUE-198

   ISSUE-198?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are
   subject to the W3C patent policy -- closed

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

     [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

   <rubys>
   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0371.html

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0371.html

   rubys: we got a proposal after we had marked the issue as deferred
   ... chairs are discussing how to proceed

   glenn: the dom parsing and serialization spec is a whatwg document;
   do we expect it to be brought into the w3c?

   rubys: that's actively being discussed
   ... it may be brought into one of two different WGs
   ... plan to submit CP for ISSUE-203

   ISSUE-203?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-203 -- All Media Elements should have the ability
   to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated to the
   element -- open

   <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

     [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

   <rubys>
   [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0002.html

     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0002.html

   rubys: CP came in this morning

   paulc: chairs are actively reviewing the CP

   ISSUE-187?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over
   the time -- open

   <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

     [42] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

   rubys: chairs have requested for clarification and received
   clarification

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- open

   <trackbot> [43]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [43] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   <MikeSmith> glenn, DOM Parsing and Serialization is listed as
   deliverable in the draft WebApps WG charter which will soon go out
   to the AC for review

   rubys: chairs requested update; the proposal is missing several
   necessary components

   <glenn> ok, thanks mikesmith

   <rubys>
   [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0011.html

     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0011.html

   rubys: May F2F for WebApps and HTML
   ... Microsoft has volunteered to host
   ... in silicon valley

   paulc: at tpac, chairs decided to host a spring meeting
   ... april timeframe didn't work, need a lot of advanced notice to
   get corporate space
   ... MSFT will host first week in May
   ... chairs are looking for feedback on those dates
   ... this is in addition to meeting at tpac in november

Scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?

   paulc: i'm due to chair

   rubys: i won't be available to scribe

   <glenn> can scribe if no others

   rubys: thanks glenn

Adjournment

   <MikeSmith> Encrypted Media Extensions component added,
   [45]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describecomponents.cgi?product=HT
   ML%20WG -- with adrianba set at the default assignee

     [45] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describecomponents.cgi?product=HTML%20WG

   RRSAgent: make minutes public

   RRSAgent: generate minutes

   <MikeSmith> cheers

   RRSAgent: generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: paulc to set up an encrypted media propsal task force,
   due next week [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
Received on Thursday, 1 March 2012 17:34:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC