W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2012

HTML WG Minutes (Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business)

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:33:04 -0700
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+emWLqv6-ZzR9BKHpHni7DRm82ajZQXymmYRCSQ9-P3OQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html

----------------
- DRAFT -HTML Weekly Teleconference19 Jan 2012

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html>

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-irc>
Attendees
PresentGlennAdams, Julian, dsinger, Sam, [Apple], hober, adrianba,
Cynthia_Shelly, paulc, +1.206.850.aaaa, eliot, Mike, Laura_Carlson Regrets
ChairrubysScribeglenn
Contents

   - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. Actions Due by Thursday, January
19<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
      2. New Issues This
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
      3. Items Closed Last
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
      4. Items Closing This
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
      5. Items Closing Next
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
      6. New Calls This
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
      7. New Surveys This
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
      8. Decisions This
Week<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
      9. Other Business<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
      10. Scribe for Next
Meeting<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
      11. Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
   - Summary of Action
Items<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------

 <trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<scribe> Scribe: glenn
Actions Due by Thursday, January 19

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<rubys> agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0003.html

<scribe> chair: rubys

<scribe> scribe: glenn

ACTION-207?

<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for
av_param is still active -- due 2011-01-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

rubys: progressing, moved to end of month

questions?
New Issues This Week

<rubys> ISSUE-193?

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible
content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<rubys> ISSUE-194?

<rubys> ISSUE-195?

<rubys> ISSUE-196?

<rubys> ISSUE-197?

<rubys> ISSUE-198?

<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full
transcript with an audio or video element. -- raised

ISSUE-193?

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

<rubys> ISSUE-199?

<rubys> ISSUE-200?

<trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- raised

<rubys> ISSUE-201?

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

<rubys> ISSUE-202?

<trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Define user agent http response handling behaviour
-- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/196

<trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- Accept attribute should allow file extensions in
addition to the current allowed values -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/197

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to
the W3C patent policy -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible
content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA
attributes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

<trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
non-FIELDSET elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability
to fallback content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

<trackbot> ISSUE-202 -- Missing alt should not be considered conforming in
the presence of figcaptions over 50 words in length -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202

rubys: will go through these later in agenda

also tracker request under other business

deadline of jan 14th producing much activity
Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-189?

<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF
-- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

rubys: call for counter proposals
Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-180? allowpopups, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-181? remove-sidebar, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-187? validity-stability, extension closes Jan 21

ISSUE-190? coding-example, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-191? ins-del, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-192? title-attribute, Change Proposals due Jan 21
Items Closing Next Week

None
New Calls This Week

ISSUE-185? drop-pubdate, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb
16

ISSUE-188? generic-track-format, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals
closes Feb 16

ISSUE-189? uri-web-prefix, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes
Feb 16

ISSUE-193? inaccessible-example, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-194? full-transcript, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-195? form-http-req, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-196? ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-197? accept-file-ext, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-198? innerHTML-patent-policy, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-199? aria-processing, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-200? legend-placement, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-201? canvas-fallback, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-202? figcaption-words, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
New Surveys This Week

None
Decisions This Week

ISSUE-186?

<trackbot> ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on
interactive elements -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

rubys: closed without prejudice due to lack of CP

questions/comments on any of above?
Other Business

(a) ISSUE-177? ietf-id-wip

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0079.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0123.html

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454

ISSUE-177?

<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as
"Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

rubys: material that may change CP
... julian: have you noticed rfc status has changed?

julian: shall i revise?

rubys: did CP talk about multiple?

julian: 2 or 3
... can raise as new bug (?where?)
... thanks for notifying about change of status

rubys: discuss further as need on email

(b) Bug 13651: request for extension

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0147.html

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202

rubys: extension has been resolved, ISSUE-202 created

(c) Change Proposal for issue 182 sent past deadline

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0048.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0082.html

rubys: reopened based on CP

(d) New Issue Request: media textual descriptions

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0213.html

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12228

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12794

rubys: ISSUE-203 has been opened, call for CP

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html

(e) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-12-12 - 2012-01-15

http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/01/openweb-weekly-24.html

rubys: starting up after vacations
... folks should review

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html

(f) Feb 11 is important deadline for RFI

rubys: questions/comments?

<laura> What is the Chairs' plan to move on ISSUE-30 longdesc? Is there a
timeline?

laura: wondering about plan for ISSUE-30 is there timeline?

<laura> Paul had previously mentioned that the Chairs had estimated that
they would be finished reviewing proposals on December 11.

<laura>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Nov/0227.html

rubys: is mjs on call?

<laura> On December 15 Maciej said he hoped the final review would be out
before the holiday break.

<laura> http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item11

ISSUE-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for
images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

rubys: waiting for draft from mjs
Scribe for Next Meeting

paulc: up for chair
... needs scribe

ted: volunteers to scribe
Adjournment

<laura> bye

trackbot-ng, end meeting

<trackbot> Sorry, glenn, I don't understand 'trackbot-ng, end meeting '.
Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

trackbot, end meeting
Summary of Action Items [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 19 January 2012 17:33:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC