W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2012

HTML WG Minutes (Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business)

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:33:04 -0700
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+emWLqv6-ZzR9BKHpHni7DRm82ajZQXymmYRCSQ9-P3OQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org

- DRAFT -HTML Weekly Teleconference19 Jan 2012


See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-irc>
PresentGlennAdams, Julian, dsinger, Sam, [Apple], hober, adrianba,
Cynthia_Shelly, paulc, +1.206.850.aaaa, eliot, Mike, Laura_Carlson Regrets

   - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. Actions Due by Thursday, January
      2. New Issues This
      3. Items Closed Last
      4. Items Closing This
      5. Items Closing Next
      6. New Calls This
      7. New Surveys This
      8. Decisions This
      9. Other Business<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
      10. Scribe for Next
      11. Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
   - Summary of Action


 <trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<scribe> Scribe: glenn
Actions Due by Thursday, January 19

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<rubys> agenda:

<scribe> chair: rubys

<scribe> scribe: glenn


<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for
av_param is still active -- due 2011-01-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

rubys: progressing, moved to end of month

New Issues This Week

<rubys> ISSUE-193?

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible
content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<rubys> ISSUE-194?

<rubys> ISSUE-195?

<rubys> ISSUE-196?

<rubys> ISSUE-197?

<rubys> ISSUE-198?

<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full
transcript with an audio or video element. -- raised


<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

<rubys> ISSUE-199?

<rubys> ISSUE-200?

<trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- raised

<rubys> ISSUE-201?

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

<rubys> ISSUE-202?

<trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Define user agent http response handling behaviour
-- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/196

<trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- Accept attribute should allow file extensions in
addition to the current allowed values -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/197

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to
the W3C patent policy -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible
content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

<trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA
attributes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

<trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
non-FIELDSET elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability
to fallback content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

<trackbot> ISSUE-202 -- Missing alt should not be considered conforming in
the presence of figcaptions over 50 words in length -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202

rubys: will go through these later in agenda

also tracker request under other business

deadline of jan 14th producing much activity
Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF
-- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

rubys: call for counter proposals
Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-180? allowpopups, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-181? remove-sidebar, Call for Consensus closes Jan 18

ISSUE-187? validity-stability, extension closes Jan 21

ISSUE-190? coding-example, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-191? ins-del, Change Proposals due Jan 21

ISSUE-192? title-attribute, Change Proposals due Jan 21
Items Closing Next Week

New Calls This Week

ISSUE-185? drop-pubdate, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Feb

ISSUE-188? generic-track-format, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals
closes Feb 16

ISSUE-189? uri-web-prefix, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes
Feb 16

ISSUE-193? inaccessible-example, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-194? full-transcript, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-195? form-http-req, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-196? ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-197? accept-file-ext, Call for Proposals closes Feb 15

ISSUE-198? innerHTML-patent-policy, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-199? aria-processing, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-200? legend-placement, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-201? canvas-fallback, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16

ISSUE-202? figcaption-words, Call for Proposals closes Feb 16
New Surveys This Week

Decisions This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on
interactive elements -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

rubys: closed without prejudice due to lack of CP

questions/comments on any of above?
Other Business

(a) ISSUE-177? ietf-id-wip





<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as
"Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

rubys: material that may change CP
... julian: have you noticed rfc status has changed?

julian: shall i revise?

rubys: did CP talk about multiple?

julian: 2 or 3
... can raise as new bug (?where?)
... thanks for notifying about change of status

rubys: discuss further as need on email

(b) Bug 13651: request for extension



rubys: extension has been resolved, ISSUE-202 created

(c) Change Proposal for issue 182 sent past deadline



rubys: reopened based on CP

(d) New Issue Request: media textual descriptions




rubys: ISSUE-203 has been opened, call for CP

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html

(e) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-12-12 - 2012-01-15


rubys: starting up after vacations
... folks should review

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html

(f) Feb 11 is important deadline for RFI

rubys: questions/comments?

<laura> What is the Chairs' plan to move on ISSUE-30 longdesc? Is there a

laura: wondering about plan for ISSUE-30 is there timeline?

<laura> Paul had previously mentioned that the Chairs had estimated that
they would be finished reviewing proposals on December 11.


rubys: is mjs on call?

<laura> On December 15 Maciej said he hoped the final review would be out
before the holiday break.

<laura> http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item11


<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for
images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

rubys: waiting for draft from mjs
Scribe for Next Meeting

paulc: up for chair
... needs scribe

ted: volunteers to scribe

<laura> bye

trackbot-ng, end meeting

<trackbot> Sorry, glenn, I don't understand 'trackbot-ng, end meeting '.
Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

trackbot, end meeting
Summary of Action Items [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 19 January 2012 17:33:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC