W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2011

{minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-01-27: status of actions, new issues, closing items, new calls, charter status

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:38:56 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F818654C5A@TK5EX14MBXC132.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes for the Jan 27 Weekly meeting of the HTML WG can be found below and at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
27 Jan 2011

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Gregory_Rosmaita
Chair
Paul Cotton
Scribe
rubys
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 27<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   2. New Issues This Week<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Items Closed Last Week<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items Closing This Week<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   5. Items Closing Next Week<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   6. New Calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   7. Other Business<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   a) Status of HTML WG charter [Philippe Le Hégaret]<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   8. Chair and Scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   9. Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2011/01/27-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 27 January 2011

<scribe> scribeNick: rubys
1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 27

Action-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2011-01-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29: Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: we made some progress... there is a new proposal which will be sent to the PSIG soon. Maciej contributed to it.
... it does not address all of the use cases, but does seem to be promising
... hopefully I will be able to show it to the HTML WG at some point

action-29 due Feb 24

<trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now Feb 24

action-193?

<trackbot> ACTION-193 -- Paul Cotton to and co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt -- due 2011-01-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-193: And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

action-193 due in two weeks

<trackbot> ACTION-193 And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt due date now in two weeks

plh: there is new information because of some talk at the FCC

<paulc> SMPTE TT: http://store.smpte.org/product-p/st%202052-1-2010.htm

Action-201?

<trackbot> ACTION-201 -- Sam Ruby to report on progress in rendering a WG decision on ISSUE-41 -- due 2011-01-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/201

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-201: Report on progress in rendering a WG decision on ISSUE-41 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: optimistic that we will have a decision next week

action-201 due in one week

<trackbot> ACTION-201 Report on progress in rendering a WG decision on ISSUE-41 due date now in one week
2. New Issues This Week

paulc: saturday was the last date that issues could be raised for last call

issue-157?

<trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- A comprehensive, semantic image map specification -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/157

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-157: A comprehensive, semantic image map specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we currently have 47 issues pending for last call

issue-158?

<trackbot> ISSUE-158 -- HTML4's content-model for <object> should continue -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-158: HTML4s content-model for should continue - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-160?

<trackbot> ISSUE-160 -- Remove restriction on command element as part of a menu -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/160

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-160: Remove restriction on command element as part of a menu - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-161?

<trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: all of these issues have had a call for proposals in accordance to our timeline
... we will pick up these in agenda item 6
... any questions?

rubys: 2 of the 47 issues are actually LC issues

paulc: perhaps we can indicate that some way on the issue-status page
Items Closed Last Week

issue-120?

<trackbot> ISSUE-120 -- Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/120

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-120: Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we have both a change proposal and a counter proposal (despite what the agenda says)

issue-135?

<trackbot> ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we have a proposal

issue-139?

<trackbot> ISSUE-139 -- HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/139

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-139: HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we have both a proposal and a counter proposal

issue-140?

<trackbot> ISSUE-140 -- clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/140

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-140: clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0239.html

<pimpbot> Title: Resubmission of Change proposal for HTML WG ISSUE-140: Conformance terminology when applicable specifications are used from Noah Mendelsohn on 2011-01-19 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

julian: noah posted a proposal
Items Closing This Week

issue-138?

<trackbot> ISSUE-138 -- "mutate action" for issueing a GET request is misleading -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/138

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-138: "mutate action" for issueing a GET request is misleading - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: ... closed on jan 25

issue-119?

<trackbot> ISSUE-119 -- Certain relationships take on a special meaning when repeated; other solutions may be cleaner -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/119

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-119: Certain relationships take on a special meaning when repeated; other solutions may be cleaner - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: closed on jan 26

issue-125?

<trackbot> ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-125: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: also closed on jan 26

issue-126?

<trackbot> ISSUE-126 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/126

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-126: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: also closed on the same date. Any questions?

issue-142?

<trackbot> ISSUE-142 -- No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/142

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-142: No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: closed yesterday...

janina: there are both a proposal and a change proposal.

paulc: is there a target for when the a11y TF will issue a recommendation?

janina: 30 days

issue-144?

<trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: I don't see any proposals

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/UShouldBeConforming

<Julian> Change proposal for ISSUE-145 is in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0277.html

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/UShouldBeConforming - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal for ISSUE-145, was: ISSUE-145 (codecs-vs-octet): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Julian Reschke on 2011-01-22 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

issue-145?

<trackbot> ISSUE-145 -- use of "codecs" parameter -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/145

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-145: use of "codecs" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-146?

<trackbot> ISSUE-146 -- <video> should allow muted as a content attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/146

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-146: should allow muted as a content attribute - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/VideoMuted

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/VideoMuted - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we made good progress on these 4

julian: I argue that the counter proposal for issue 145 is out of scope as it proposes something considerably larger than what the original bug was reported on

<Julian> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0294.html

<paulc> 145 proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0277.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ISSUE-145 (codecs-vs-octet): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Philip Jägenstedt on 2011-01-23 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal for ISSUE-145, was: ISSUE-145 (codecs-vs-octet): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Julian Reschke on 2011-01-22 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11893] define lexical processing rules for ARIA attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jan/0944.html> 4** [Bug 11892] explicitly state that ARIA states and properties are formal/normative HTML attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jan/0943.html>

paulc: did you respond on list?

julian: just did

<Julian> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0410.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ISSUE-145 (codecs-vs-octet): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Julian Reschke on 2011-01-27 (public-html@w3.org from January 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: thanks for that information
5. Items Closing Next Week

issue-147?

<trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: no proposals received yet, due feb 6

issue-148?

<trackbot> ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: no proposals yet

issue-149?

<trackbot> ISSUE-149 -- Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML syntax in examples -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/149

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-149: Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML syntax in examples - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: call made jan5; no proposals yet

issue-151?

<trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151: Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we got a counter proposal on 151

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/NO-ISSUE-151

<pimpbot> Title: ChangeProposals/NO-ISSUE-151 - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

rubys: there is still plenty of time for people to create proposals
6. New Calls this week

paulc: fall into three categories. The first four were proposed earlier in the week...

issue-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: janina, any status?

issue-152?

<trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-152: Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-155?

<trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-156?

<trackbot> ISSUE-156 -- Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/156

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-156: Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: all of these are due on Feb 21
... second batch cover the 'last chance' issues.... all are due Feb 23, all covered previously in the agenda

issue-157?

<trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- A comprehensive, semantic image map specification -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/157

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-157: A comprehensive, semantic image map specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-158?

<trackbot> ISSUE-158 -- HTML4's content-model for <object> should continue -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-158: HTML4s content-model for should continue - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-160?

<trackbot> ISSUE-160 -- Remove restriction on command element as part of a menu -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/160

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-160: Remove restriction on command element as part of a menu - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-161?

<trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: some of these are accessibility related

janina: some of these were discussed in the TF call

paulc: it would be helpful to hear an update in the next week TF report agenda item

janina: will do

issue-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128: Authors should be able to use where can be used - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we attempted to call for consensus based on the withdrawl, but we received an objection, so we will revert back to the survey
7. Other Business
a) Status of HTML WG charter [Philippe Le Hégaret]

plh: this was talked about in TPAC. We will do an extension of the charter, most likely next week.

paulc: this is not a revision, but an extension; no change in scope
... any questions?
8. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

rubys: I assume it would be Maciej's turn to chair

paulc: any volunteers for scribing?
... I'll volunteer to scribe....
9. Adjournment

paulc: adjourned

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]



image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 27 January 2011 17:39:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC