W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2011

{minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2011-01-06: status of actions, calls, deadlines, task force reports

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:38:24 -0500
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-ID: <1294778304.28592.111.camel@chacal>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-html-wg-minutes.html

Text version:

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

06 Jan 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JanMar/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/01/06-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          dsinger, Julian, Plh, Sam, Radhika_Roy, +1.215.286.aaaa,
          krisk, +1.206.922.aabb, adrianba, eliot, Mike, Janina,
          Michael_Cooper, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.715.718.aadd, Laura

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sam

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Action items
         2. [6]New issues
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Three Weeks
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [10]New Calls this week
         7. [11]New Surveys this week
         8. [12]Testing Task Force Report
         9. [13]Accessibility Task Force
        10. [14]Other Business
        11. [15]Scribe for next meeting
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action items

   action-190?

   <trackbot> ACTION-190 -- Michael(tm) Smith to fix pubrules problems
   with "author-only" view of the HTML5 specification -- due 2010-12-10
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/190

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/190

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-190: Fix pubrules problems with
   "author-only" view of the HTML5 specification - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   Sam: I believe the plan is to get the heartbeat document out asap
   ... let's move this action by one week

   <MikeSmith> 13th

   action-190 due next week

   <trackbot> ACTION-190 Fix pubrules problems with "author-only" view
   of the HTML5 specification due date now next week

   action-193?

   <trackbot> ACTION-193 -- Paul Cotton to and co-chairs to investigate
   how to handle standardization of websrt -- due 2010-12-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-193: And co-chairs to investigate how to
   handle standardization of websrt - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   Sam: Paul is away, not yet resolved.

   action-193 due in two weeks

   <trackbot> ACTION-193 And co-chairs to investigate how to handle
   standardization of websrt due date now in two weeks

New issues

   Sam: we have 4 tracker issues that have been transformed into issues

   issue 149, issue-150, issue-151, issue-152

Items Closed Last Three Weeks

   Sam: issue-118 has been closed

Items Closing This Week

   Sam: none

Items Closing Next Week

   Sam: we have 6 items closing next week
   ... we didn't receive counter proposals for issue-119, issue-125,
   issue-126,
   ... all those are due January 12
   ... issue-134, issue-136, issue-138 are waiting on change proposals.
   We'll close them without prejudice if we don't receive proposals

New Calls this week

   Sam: we have 4 new calls: issue-147, issue-148, issue-149, issue-151

   <trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the
   user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- raised

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when
   the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <trackbot> ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset=""
   parameter -- raised

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset=""
   parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <trackbot> ISSUE-149 -- Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML
   syntax in examples -- raised

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/149

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/149

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-149: Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML
   syntax in examples - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in
   status section of document -- raised

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151: Remove WhatWG and html5.org references
   in status section of document - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   Sam: we'd like change proposals by Feb 6

New Surveys this week

   Sam: none

Testing Task Force Report

   Kris: been pretty quiet. no meeting since last time. next meeting on
   11th.
   ... we had the January 3, for Philipp Taylor's tests.

   Kris: consensus on vast majority of those tests
   ... probably 30+ tests with possible issues
   ... so by next reports, we'll have over a thousand tests

Accessibility Task Force

   Janina: had our first meeting of the year one hour ago.
   ... a number of issues have been discussed in the 48 hours
   ... otherwise not much
   ... we forwarded our gap analysis to public-html
   ... some discussion there, with need to do some tweaks to the
   document

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- raised

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   Sam: issue-131? issue-152?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a
   multitrack audio/video resource -- raised

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

   Sam: both issues are likely to go out for call for proposals

   Janina: ok. some issues might be pushed into the audio wg
   ... so that would take some pressure off HTML5
   ... for caret, I think we're on track

   Sam: ok, it would mean change proposal ready within 6 weeks

Other Business

   Julian: I was wondering why the editor's draft on the w3c site
   states November 16.
   ... and why are will having a warning message on the editor's draft?

   Sam: for the warning, will be removed once we have the next pub
   cycle

   Julian: then what about the edits that are now differing?

   Julian: I don't have details though

   <MikeSmith> [25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/

   Mike: the only difference is the date. if you look at the cvs
   history, it's been updated 17 hours ago
   ... we occured some problems on the multi-page version. still
   looking at fixing them.
   ... i stopped the automatic update and need to run it manually
   ... Hixie never switched it back to editors' config. that also
   explain the warning
   ... the two versions are up to date with each other
   ... modulo the multipage split build

   Sam: last time this happened, the changes done by Hixie were not
   part of the w3c version.

   Julian: looks like I got confused indeed.

   Mike: our editorial pipeline is fragile and has been broken lately
   ... but we're still in good shape overall. the date will not change
   until we switch back to editor's mode
   ... we're on schedule to get everything published by the 13th

   Julian: the html5 validator accepts things that are only part of the
   what wg. Henri pointed out that it's missing a config option.
   However w3c is replicating the validator.

   Mike: this seems out of scope for the working group

   plh: but it would be better for w3c to follow its own spec...

   Sam: is there a bug number?

   <Julian> [26]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11654

     [26] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11654

   <pimpbot> 1111654: julian.reschke, P2, NEW, 13HTML5 validator
   accepts the ping attribute on <a>

   Mike: I'm aware of the issue and it's not the only one. I don't
   think it's a real problem at the moment
   ... we're not claiming it reflects the consensus of the wg anyway
   ... we're not following the pub cycles of the wg
   ... the validator is not a work product of the wg

   Sam: I'd like to review how it is advertised then.
   ... January 22 is the cutoff for escalating bugs for pre-LC
   consideration

   <rubys>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Timeline to Last Call from Maciej Stachowiak on
   2010-09-08 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at
   lists.w3.org)

Scribe for next meeting

   Sam: any volunteers?
   ... it will be Maciej turn to chair the call. I'll volunteer to
   scribe

   [adjourned]
Received on Tuesday, 11 January 2011 20:38:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC