W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-23 TF Reports, Tracker requests,

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:51:37 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F82796EBA7@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes for the Jun 23 WG Weekly meeting are available at:

http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html


and below.



/paulc



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329





[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
23 Jun 2011

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0023.html>

Attendees
Present
adrianba
Regrets
Chair
mjs
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items due by Thursday, June 23<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New issues this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   items closed last week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   items closing this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   items closing next week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   new calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   New surveys this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Decisions this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Testing Task Force report<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   A11Y task force report<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   New editorial assistants<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Revised Last Call schedule<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
     *   Decision Policy update<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#item13>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

trackbot, start meeting

<mjs> html wg call starts in 3 minutes so I hope it's over soon :-)

<trackbot> Date: 23 June 2011

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-23 TF Reports, Tracker requests, from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-22 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

<scribe> scribenick: paulc
ACTION items due by Thursday, June 23

None.
New issues this week

No new issues but there are 3 incomplete tracker requests.

Chairs are looking for text and titles for each of these requests.

Challenging to do without appropriate material.

<mjs> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12390


<pimpbot> 1112390: jrossi, P1, RESOLVED WONTFIX, 13A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type

One is still deficient but 2 have the necessary material.

Chairs will strip the TrackerRequest if the material is not provided for bug 12390 by midnight Fri Boston time.

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12390 jrossi, P1, RESOLVED WONTFIX, 13A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type

Questions?

None
items closed last week

The CfC for the web authors publications closed last week.

There was a lot of discussions and objections to both normativity and non-normativity and what the Status section should say.

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.html


<pimpbot> Title: Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-22 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

The Chairs declare that the WG has selected the text for the Status section since no one objected to this text.

In addition Mike Smith has also agreed to conver the document to W3C WGD form before publication.
items closing this week

issue-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30: Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This call closes on Sat Jun 25.

Jonas agree to draft a counter proposal that has not yet appeared.

ISSUE-133?

<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This call closes on Sat Jun 25.

We are looking for counter proposals. Ted O'Connor did volunteer and asked for an extension. Chairs will decide soon on this extension request.

ISSUE-153?

<trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- link type "external" either not useful or underspecified -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-153: link type "external" either not useful or underspecified - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This call closes on Sat Jun 25.

Julian has recently sent in a change proposal for issue-153.

ISSUE-154?

<trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-154: "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

The call closes on Sat Jun 25.

Julian also volunteered for this item.

<Julian> ...will produce a proposal soonish :-)

Ted volunteered to contact Jonas about the proposal for ISSUE-30.
items closing next week

there are 4 items closing next week

ISSUE-134?

<trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This call closes Jul 1 and is for counter-proposals.

None have been submitted and there are no volunteers.

ISSUE-150?

<trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This call for counter proposals closes on Jul 1 and so far there are no volunteers.

ISSUE-163?

<trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This is a call for change proposal which closes Jul 1. No volunteers yet.

ISSUE-164?

<trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164


<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0303.html


<pimpbot> Title: Re: ISSUE-133 modal-attribute - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from E.J. Zufelt on 2011-06-23 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

<Zakim> rubys, you wanted to talk (briefly) about issue-133

This call for change proposals closes Jul 1. No volunteer yet.
new calls this week

None
New surveys this week

None
Decisions this week

none
Testing Task Force report

<krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jun/0019.html


<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 6/14/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-06-23 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

2 bugs were opened on existing tests but no consensus on these

WG members should look a test repository since new tests have been submitted

<krisk> see -> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html


<pimpbot> Title: html: Summary (at dvcs.w3.org)

kk: has asked a question about the dat format used in the HTML5 parser tests

<krisk> Here is the post on the list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jun/0018.html


<pimpbot> Title: RE: html5lib tests from Kris Krueger on 2011-06-23 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

This is on the testing TF email list and is awaiting a response from the Team

No meeting next week and the TF will meet next on Jul 12

end of report
A11Y task force report

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-html-a11y-minutes.html


<pimpbot> Title: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -- 16 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)

TF spent most of their time on figcaption being allowed in the spec as an alternative to an alt attribute on an image

Discussion touched on that figcaptions are often longer than alt values and this might cause screen readers to read out a lot more text than usual

Discussion went in the direction of checking the length of the figcaption text causing a possible warning.

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-a11y-minutes.html


<pimpbot> Title: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -- 23 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)

TF members are reviewing specific parts of the HTML5 spec.

Today on the call (see minutes) the TF discussed some candidate LC comments.

Also there are several subteams ie media, text alternatives and the TF discussed reports from these sub-teams.

the TF continues to work on canvas issues especially around hit testing.

Looking for implementor feedback but so far not enough data.

end of report
New editorial assistants

Chairs posted a request for volunteers for editorial assistants largely for the main HTML5 spec.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0218.html


<pimpbot> Title: Editorial Assistants from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-16 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

We have four volunteers and the Chairs are hoping that this will help process LC comments and to set priority on bugs.
Revised Last Call schedule

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html


<pimpbot> Title: Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-23 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

This email changes the schedule dates and new bug priority bugs.

P1 bugs will imply 30 day turnaround.

You can request a priority of P1 by adding the new PriorityRequest keyword to a bug.
Decision Policy update

The Chairs have been resolving DP bugs and the Chairs expect to post a revised DP for the WG review on Jun 27.

<mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html


<pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: Bugzilla Keyword Descriptions (at www.w3.org)

The Decison Policy V2 document is available today and reflects many bug fixes to the DP.

Questions?

None

Any other business?

Julian: what is the status of the 2 outstanding revert requests which were mentioned last week?

The revert requestions are in Bugzilla.

mjs: A WG member should post the revert request to the public-html@w3.org email list.

Julian: I believe I asked for the cross-origin change to be reverted on the mailing list in late May.

<mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html#enhanced-cc


<pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

<pimpbot> changes: sam: Record change proposal for issue 153 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jun/0126.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12390] A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1007.html>

Julian: The W3C process says you cannot add new features.

mjs: That is not true. Substantive changes must be documented and the Chairs have asked for prior notice of such changes.

Julian: Are we clear that if we add new features that there will be another LC

<rubys> I don't see cross-origin (or even "origin") in last week's minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-html-wg-minutes.html


<pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 16 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)

mjs: Suggest WG members read the Process Document definition of "substantive changes".

<MikeSmith> the W3C Process document does *not* prohibit substantive changes being made during LC

Julian: IETF members are having trouble understanding the meaning of Last Call for the HTML5 specification. What document should I review?

mjs: Reviewing either the Editors draft or the static LC document are both fine.
... We also have the complication of changes being made without there being an associated W3C bug and the Chairs are working on this problem.

<MikeSmith> the LCWD is a stable, unchanging document, and the IETF reviewers and anybody else is welcome to use that as the basis for their review -- we have not made any changes do that draft and will not

<MikeSmith> I don't see this as being confusing at all

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.136 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2011/06/23 16:41:47 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 23 June 2011 16:52:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC