W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2009

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:55:27 -0800
Message-id: <AE13E366-7F42-46A8-8631-048A89897F5B@apple.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-12-3 for 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

     http://timeanddate.com/s/1gcg

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Executive Summary ==

0. Pick a scribe

1. Review of action items pending review:
None.

2. Review of due and overdue action items:
a) ACTION-130 on Dave Singer: Review status of video codec positions
b) ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner: Draft ALT spec
c) ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner: Produce a matrix based on Henri's work
d) ACTION-158 on Steve Faulkner: Bring question to group: Do we want  
changing of element handler and role semantics via attributes to be  
deprecated?

3. Review of submitted Change Proposals:
a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)
b) ISSUE-30 (longdesc)
c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary)
d) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch)
e) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa)
f) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics)

4. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
a) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs) due Dec 3
b) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope) due Dec 3
c) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa) counter-proposals due Dec 2
d) ISSUE-1 (PINGPOST) due Dec 17
e) ISSUE-2 (PINGUI) due Dec 17
f) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownership) due Dec 17
g) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) due Dec 17
h) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) due Dec 17

5. New issues this week:
None.

6. Status of Task Forces
a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
b) Testing Task Force

7. Scribe for next meeting
8. Adjournment

== Details ==


1. Review of action items pending review:
None.

2. Review of due and overdue action items:
a) ACTION-130 on Dave Singer: Review status of video codec positions

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/130>
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7>

     I suggest closing this action in light of the Call for Proposals  
on ISSUE-7. We should continue investigating the matter in the  
background but it is no longer helpful to have this issue.

b) ACTION-131 on Steve Faulkner: Draft ALT spec

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131>
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31>

     I suggest closing this action since (a) it is just repeatedly  
postponed; (b) this general task is being taken up by the A11Y Task  
Force; and (c) the Chairs will at some point soon call for a Change  
Proposal on this issue, which would obsolete this action.

c) ACTION-138 on Steve Faulkner: Produce a matrix based on Henri's work

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138>
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35>

     I suggest closing this action since (a) it is just repeatedly  
postponed; (b) this general task is being taken up by the A11Y Task  
Force.

d) ACTION-158 on Steve Faulkner: Bring question to group: Do we want  
changing of element handler and role semantics via attributes to be  
deprecated?

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/158>
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35>

     It would be great if this could be brought to the group in email  
in advance of the meeting.

3. Review of submitted Change Proposals:
     See <http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html> for full  
details.

a) ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4>
     <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0000.html>

     Change Proposal by Larry Masinter: Allow optional version  
information in the doctype, in the form of a REC version or a snapshot  
date.
     Undergoing review.

b) ISSUE-30 (longdesc)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30>
     <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html>

     Change Proposal by Charles McCathieNevile: Restore longdesc as a  
fully conforming attribute.
     Undergoing review.

c) ISSUE-32 (table-summary)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32>
     <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Summary_Change_Proposal_Nov_18%2C_2009 
 >

     Change Proposal by Cynthia Shelley: Add table@orientation  
attribute.
       Make summary non-obsolete and include an extended example.
       Add DOM APIs to get the headers for a cell.
       Retain warning for summary and add warning for tables with a  
caption, figure legend, or aria-describedby.
     Undergoing review.

d) ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56>
     <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Nov/0153.html>

     Change Proposal by Larry Masinter: Change definition of URL to  
normative reference to IRIBIS.
     Undergoing review.

e) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76>
     <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0773.html>

     Change Proposal by Manu Sporney: Remove Microdata from the HTML5  
spec and publish as a separate draft.
     As of writing, awaiting counter-proposals.

f) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics)

     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76>
     <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ChangeProposals/DdDt>

     Change Proposal by Shelley Powers: Change the spec to no longer  
use dt/dd for figure ordetails. Instead define a new element, fltcap,  
to use as the label for both.
     Has been reviewed by the chairs and updated to fully meet Change  
Proposal requirements.

4. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus/Proposals:
a) ISSUE-7 (video-codecs) due Dec 3
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.

b) ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope) due Dec 3
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/63>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.

c) ISSUE-76 (Microdata/RDFa) counter-proposals due Dec 2
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76>

     Will post CfC to accept Manu Sporney's Change Proposal if no  
counter-proposals are received by the deadline.

d) ISSUE-1 (PINGPOST) due Dec 17
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/1>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.

e) ISSUE-2 (PINGUI) due Dec 17
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/2>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.

f) ISSUE-27 (rel-ownership) due Dec 17
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.
     Paul Cotton has volunteered.

g) ISSUE-87 (attr-normalization) due Dec 17
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/87>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline.

h) ISSUE-88 (content-language-multiple) due Jan 17
     <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88>

     Will close without prejudice if no Change Proposals received by  
the deadline
     Leif Halvard Silli has volunteered.

5. New issues this week:
None.

6. Status of Task Forces

a) HTML Accessibility Task Force

b) Testing Task Force

7. Scribe for next meeting
8. Adjournment


== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 2 December 2009 09:56:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC