W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2009

minutes: HTML WG Weekly 26 Feb 2009

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:03:43 -0600
To: public-html-wg-announce <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Message-Id: <1235671423.7466.12033.camel@pav.lan>
Topics 
     1. ISSUE-20 (table-headers)
     2. ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)
     3. ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference)
     4. IETF Coordination
     5. talk about TPAC
     6. ISSUE-32 (table-summary)
     7. Next meeting
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-minutes.html


and for tracker, email archive search, and offline email, etc.,
full text:

                     HTML WG Weekly teleconference

26 Feb 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009JanMar/0036.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Julian, ChrisWilson, Sam, Matt, Masinter, DanC,
          +1.519.538.aaaa, dsinger, smedero, cshelly, Murray

   Regrets
          Joshue

   Chair
          Chris Wilson

   Scribe
          DanC

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ISSUE-20 (table-headers)
         2. [6]ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)
         3. [7]ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference)
         4. [8]IETF Coordination
         5. [9]talk about TPAC
         6. [10]ISSUE-32 (table-summary)
         7. [11]Next meeting
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-02-26 from Chris
   Wilson on 2009-02-25 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from January to
   March 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

   :-/

   <scribe> scribe: DanC

   <ChrisWilson> any additional items to add?

   <masinter> IETF coordination?

   (we covered IETF coord last week; is there more, larry?)

   <ChrisWilson> action-72?

   <trackbot> ACTION-72 -- Dan Connolly to monitor progress of testing
   re 20 Dec HTML 5 spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 -- due
   2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

     [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-72 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-20 (table-headers)

   <masinter> (just update, the date/venue seems to be established)

   action-72?

   <trackbot> ACTION-72 -- Dan Connolly to monitor progress of testing
   re 20 Dec HTML 5 spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 -- due
   2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-72 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   DanC: no news in public-html; PF WG co-chair says they're studying
   for another week
   ... I tried by phone to figure out details but didn't manage

   <dsinger> ...is apologizing that he's late

   <smedero> +1.484.802.aabb is me

   action-72?

   <trackbot> ACTION-72 -- Sam Ruby to monitor progress of testing re
   20 Dec HTML 5 spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 -- due
   2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-72 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   action-72 due next week

   <trackbot> ACTION-72 monitor progress of testing re 20 Dec HTML 5
   spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 due date now next week

   <ChrisWilson> action-107?

   <trackbot> ACTION-107 -- Cynthia Shelly to recruit ARIA joint-TF
   members -- due 2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/107

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/107

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)

   Cynthia: I got responses from a few people
   ... Andy/IBM, Alexander... gregory, hsivonen... [missing some]

   <ChrisWilson> Regrets from Joshue, BTW.

   Sam: some of those, e.g. hsivonen, declined, right?

   Cynthia: I'm interested in help from Apple safari accessibility
   folks

   Dave: I'm willing to help find somebody in apple; that's not my
   experties

   Cynthia: Opera?

   anne? chaals? are you on IRC?

   <ChrisWilson> (that is - Cynthia is looking for an Opera person to
   contribute to this effort)

   DanC: I'm particularly interested in test materials related to
   claims of ARIA support

   CW: browsers support ARIA thru different mechanisms, which might
   complicate testing

   DanC: yes, I appreciate the challenge

   close action-107

   <trackbot> ACTION-107 recruit ARIA joint-TF members closed

   <scribe> ACTION: cynthia report progress on ARIA TF due 26 Mar 2009
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-114 - Report progress on ARIA TF due 26
   Mar 2009 [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2009-03-05].

   action-114 due 26 Mar

   <trackbot> ACTION-114 Report progress on ARIA TF due 26 Mar 2009 due
   date now 26 Mar

   <ChrisWilson> action-110?

   <trackbot> ACTION-110 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add note to H:TML
   draft about what's currently missing and planned to be added -- due
   2009-02-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/110

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/110

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-110 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference)

   Sam: my ACTION-109 depends on ACTION-110 and Mike's work in general

   <ChrisWilson> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/110

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/110

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-110 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   smedero++

   DanC: that looks good enough for me

   CW: it's missing [oops; help?]

   SR: it's missing the normative status controversy

   <ChrisWilson> it's missing what's currently missing and what's
   planned to be added

   so he did make progress. good. I just didn't see his edits of
   Editor’s Draft 25 February 2009

   <ChrisWilson> issue-20?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-20 -- Improvements to the table-headers algorithm
   in the HTML 5 spec -- RAISED

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/20

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/20

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-20 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <ChrisWilson> issue-52?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-52 -- Respond to XHTML2 WG objections to language
   in HTML5 draft regarding XHTML1 -- RAISED

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/52

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/52

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-52 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   CW: let's leave the XHTML2 thing on Mike until Mike's here to
   discuss it

   action-105?

   <trackbot> ACTION-105 -- Sam Ruby to should arrange a meeting
   between chairs of HTML WG and XHTML2 WG to ensure there is a plan
   for coordination of vocabularies to avoid incompatibilities. -- due
   2009-03-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/105

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/105

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <ChrisWilson> issue-52?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-52 -- Respond to XHTML2 WG objections to language
   in HTML5 draft regarding XHTML1 -- RAISED

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/52

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/52

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-52 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <ChrisWilson> issue-54?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-54 -- tools that can't generate <!DOCTYPE html> --
   RAISED

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-54 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   lachy, any news on about: registration?

   <ChrisWilson> action-103?

   <trackbot> ACTION-103 -- Lachlan Hunt to track registration of
   about: URI scheme -- due 2009-03-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <masinter> issue should be 'register' rather than 'track
   registration'

   <masinter> er, Action-103 should be 'register' rather than 'track
   registration'

   no, smedero , you can't change the action without the consent of the
   issue owner

   action, rather

   if somebody want to take the 'register' action, very well.

   (this is a clear case of PENDING REVIEW, to me...)

   "PENDINGREVIEW = An Editor has reviewed arguments and edited spec to
   taste, or the WG chairs have evaluated the level of consensus and
   identified one or more proposals that would resolve the issue. In
   the case where multiple proposals are identified, the Editors may
   make the determination as to which one to incorporate." --
   [26]http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML

     [26] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML - ESW Wiki (at esw.w3.org)

   [some discussion of how to track this about: stuff...]

   CW: I added a note...

   <ChrisWilson> 2009-02-26 17:26:28: The consensus is likely
   conditional on the registration being performed. Next action is to
   get registration; if that doesn't happen we will re-evaluate design.
   [Chris Wilson]

IETF Coordination

   <rubys> [27]http://esw.w3.org/topic/IETF_HTML5_Meeting_March_2009

     [27] http://esw.w3.org/topic/IETF_HTML5_Meeting_March_2009

   <Julian> I just checked, and no email has been sent to uri-review
   w.r.t. "about"

   <pimpbot> Title: IETF HTML5 Meeting March 2009 - ESW Wiki (at
   esw.w3.org)

   thanks, julian

   LMM: room is booked; let us know if you're coming so we can deal
   with room size

   <Lachy> DanC, no news yet

   are you waiting for something, Lachy? just a round-tuit?

   <Lachy> I will look into it early next week. It's just a matter of
   time.

   thanks, Lachy

   LMM: agenda requests are welcome even for those who don't plan to
   attend

   DanC: my participation is still at risk

talk about TPAC

   CW: TPAC is currently scheduled for 1st week of Nov; W3C mgmt is
   asking for explicit confirmation

   close action-113

   <trackbot> ACTION-113 Get Sam and Chris to look at
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/ closed

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/

   <rubys> Grrrr: [29]http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/

     [29] http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/

   <pimpbot> Title: ApacheCon US 2009 (at www.us.apachecon.com)

   CW: somebody asked where? Santa Clara.
   ... so I ought to ask the WG who's like to attend

   MM: what's the threshold?

   CW: well, I hadn't thought about it; given the location, I'm
   reasonably confident we'll have critical mass

   <dsinger> there is probably a magic agenda too (matters that will
   need a face to face to make progress)

   CW: whether to have a meeting depends on agenda too, yes

   <dsinger> we are surely meeting. does anyone seriously think we
   don't need one, or that no-one will be there?

   MM: I can imagine a noisy thread on whether to have a meeting

   (I think n^2 email is awkward too; WBS is the right tool here.)

   <ChrisWilson> Dan, can you set up a WBS poll? Ending next Wednesday,
   perhaps, so we can confirm by next telecon

   <rubys> nah, just set up a wiki page

   <gsnedders> dsinger: I don't think there's anyway we won't reach
   critical mass

   <rubys> If Ian, Chris, and I are in a room in the bay area, I expect
   others will pile one

   <dsinger> I agree

   rubys, I prefer WBS, but a wiki is OK by me too

   <dsinger> we should say "we're meeting; please get agenda topics and
   attendance info to the chairs"

ISSUE-32 (table-summary)

   <scribe> ACTION: Dan set up WBS for HTML WG participants to @@
   reTPAC 2009 [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Set up WBS for HTML WG participants
   to @@ reTPAC 2009 [on Dan Connolly - due 2009-03-05].

   "Problem statement: some users find navigating tables complicated,
   and

   would like a description of the table so that they can make better
   use of

   the table. Such users might be blind, using an accessibility tool,
   or

   might have cognitive difficulties, or might just be unfamiliar with
   the

   structure of particularly complicated tables."

   <rubys>
   [31]http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.platform/msg/7ff3a663
   037afc89

     [31] http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.platform/msg/7ff3a663037afc89

   <pimpbot> Title: An alternate take on HTML5 - mozilla.dev.platform |
   Google Groups (at groups.google.com)

   DanC: I see 2 messages taking issue with that problem statement... I
   wonder if it's useful to focus there

   MM: the HTML WG seems to think it is responsible for figuring out
   accessibility, but there are other W3C WGs charged with that...

   <dsinger> the pfwg won't tell us what syntax elements and so on to
   use; the syntax of HTML is ours

   <dsinger> we shouldn't tell the pfwg how to manage accessibility,
   either

   <dsinger> we have to talk to each other

   <dsinger> I agree

   DanC: [hard to scribe and talk...]

   MM: W3C already agreed on this (@summary) once; it seems we're
   recinding that agreement... seems like the burden should be on us to
   explain why

   SR: this call next week... MM, are you planning to be there?

   MM: I didn't have plans to, but I'm willing to

   action-111?

   <trackbot> ACTION-111 -- Sam Ruby to work on process issues re:
   summary -- due 2009-03-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/111

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/111

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-111 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   Sam: I expect to have progress next week and complete by 30 Mar

Next meeting

   DanC: I'm at risk next week [TAG ftf]

   <masinter> next week W3C TAG conflicts for me

   CW: I'm at-risk too

   <dsinger> I am at risk next week also

   <ChrisWilson> move adjourn?

   Sam: I'll either chair or cancel.

   <ChrisWilson> adjourned

   <dsinger> thx

   <dsinger> maybe not

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML WG Weekly teleconference -- 26 Feb 2009 (at
   www.w3.org)

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML WG Weekly teleconference -- 26 Feb 2009 (at
   www.w3.org)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: cynthia report progress on ARIA TF due 26 Mar 2009
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dan set up WBS for HTML WG participants to @@ reTPAC
   2009 [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([36]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/02/26 17:58:03 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Thursday, 26 February 2009 18:03:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:50 UTC