W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2009

minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-05-07 [draft]

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 19:03:27 +0200
Message-ID: <4A03145F.9080503@gmx.de>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Guten Abend!

The minutes from the 7 May 2009 HTML WG weekly teleconference are
available as hypertext at:

     <http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-minutes.html>

and as an IRC log at:

     <http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-irc>

and as plain text following my signature; as usual, please log any
errors, mis-attributions, clarifications, and the like by replying
to this announcement on-list.

Best regards, Julian

-- snip --
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 May 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Sam, DanC, +1.218.349.aabb, Julian, Matt_May, Masinter,
           dsinger, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike

    Regrets
           Doug_Schepers

    Chair
           rubys

    Scribe
           Julian

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]ISSUE-54 (doctype-legacy-compat)
          2. [5]ISSUE-55 (head-profile)
          3. [6]@profile
          4. [7]ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope)
          5. [8]versioning
          6. [9]missing alt
          7. [10]URLs
          8. [11]decentralized ext.
          9. [12]aria taskforce
         10. [13]ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)
         11. [14]HTML/XHTML WG relation
         12. [15]F2F 2009
      * [16]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <DanC> some part of the processing chain for
    [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft-ietf.html put an incorrect
    charset decl

      [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft-ietf.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Web addresses in HTML 5 (at www.w3.org)

    <trackbot> Date: 07 May 2009

    <rubys> 218.349 is Duluth, Minnesota... Laura?

    <scribe> scribe: Julian

ISSUE-54 (doctype-legacy-compat)

    rubys: open issues assigned to lachlan; not responding

    <DanC> action-103?

    <trackbot> ACTION-103 -- Lachlan Hunt to register about: URI scheme
    -- due 2009-04-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

      [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    julian: joseph holsten tried to update the draft but apparently had
    trouble getting the draft submitted

    <DanC> action-103?

    <trackbot> ACTION-103 -- Julian Reschke to register about: URI
    scheme -- due 2009-05-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

      [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-55 (head-profile)

    julian: new draft seems to normatively reference HML5 which may be a
    problem.

    <DanC> aciton-99?

    action-99?

    <trackbot> ACTION-99 -- Sam Ruby to review @profile -- due
    2009-04-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

      [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-99 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

@profile

    <DanC> "scheme" attribute of META element Chabot, Elliot (Wednesday,
    6 May)
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009May
    /0009.html

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009May/0009.html

    <pimpbot> Title: "scheme" attribute of META element from Chabot,
    Elliot on 2009-05-06 (public-html-comments@w3.org from May 2009) (at
    lists.w3.org)

    <DanC>
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.htm
    l

      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Please review use cases relating to embedding
    micro-data in text/html from Ian Hickson on 2009-04-23
    (public-html@w3.org from April 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

    Julian: doing some work on @profile with leif, currently waiting for
    Hixie's proposal on microdata

    <DanC> issue-55: note summary of micro-data
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.htm
    l

      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.html

    <trackbot> ISSUE-55 head/@profile missing, but used in other
    specifications/formats notes added

    <pimpbot> Title: Please review use cases relating to embedding
    micro-data in text/html from Ian Hickson on 2009-04-23
    (public-html@w3.org from April 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

    DanC: same issue as microdata?

    <DanC> action-99?

    <trackbot> ACTION-99 -- Sam Ruby to review @profile -- due
    2009-04-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

      [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

    <DanC> action-99 due next week

    <trackbot> ACTION-99 Review @profile due date now next week

    rubys: push date forward to next week
    ... waiting for Hixie's microdate feedback

    <Zakim> DanC, you wanted to ask what RDFa stuff was supposed to be
    done?

    action-96?

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Henri Sivonen to to ensure editor removes
    Origin header: from spec -- due 2009-05-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

      [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope)

    rubys: Henri not available

    <DanC> ACTION-96?

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Henri Sivonen to to ensure editor removes
    Origin header: from spec -- due 2009-05-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

      [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

    masinter: there was discussion on HTTP-WG mailing list whether
    Referer could be used instead

    <DanC> .
    [27]http://esw.w3.org/topic/IETF_HTML5_Meeting_March_2009?highlight=
    (ietf)

      [27] 
http://esw.w3.org/topic/IETF_HTML5_Meeting_March_2009?highlight=(ietf)

    rubys: no new information since SFO IETF meeting

    <DanC> "# Browser vendors are highly skeptical that that will be
    sufficient

    <DanC> # Action Item: MNot to send a pointer to prior discussion "

    <DanC> Sam: I think mnot did that

    danc: nobody owns the ball right now

    rubys: Henri should own it

    MikeSmith: Henri is traveling

    rubys: move to next week

    <DanC> action-96 due next week

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 to ensure editor removes Origin header: from
    spec due date now next week

versioning

    masinter: discussion ongoing in TAG

    <DanC> ACTION-108 due 7 June

    <trackbot> ACTION-108 Report back on the TAG's work on versioning
    wrt HTML due date now 7 June

    danc: proposal to move by two months

    issue-31?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- What to do when a reasonable text equivalent
    is unknown/unavailable? -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

      [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

missing alt

    danc: update due dates before telco if there are no news

    issue-56?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-56 -- Assess whether "URLs" section/definition
    conflicts with Web architecture -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56

      [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56

URLs

    danc: done with formatting
    ... done with reformatting
    ... next step submit as I-D
    ... is the WG interested in when to submit it?

    masinter: the WG isn't needed for the decision

    danc: there was discussion in www-tag
    ... which mailing list?
    ... uri mailing list

    <DanC>
    [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0081.html

      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0081.html

    danc: HT summarized what documents are out there
    ... encoding problem in query parameters

    <DanC> Martin's reply discusses the non-western search engine use
    case
    [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0000.html

      [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0000.html

    <DanC> oops... 0001 is the one I meant

    <DanC> I expect discussion to converge on uri@w3.org

    <DanC> ... though I'm not sure how to get browser vendors there.

    <rubys> ACTION: dan to submit id for URLs in HTML 5 [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-121 - Submit id for URLs in HTML 5 [on Dan
    Connolly - due 2009-05-14].

decentralized ext.

    issue-41?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

      [33] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

    rubys: chris not here

aria taskforce

    <DanC> 114 should be connected to an aria issue... fixing...

    action-114?

    <trackbot> ACTION-114 -- Cynthia Shelly to report progress on ARIA
    TF -- due 2009-05-07 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/114

      [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/114

    <DanC> good to know, masinter; I'll try to call you

ISSUE-35 (aria-processing)

    <DanC> ACTION-105 ?

    <trackbot> ACTION-105 -- Sam Ruby to should arrange a meeting
    between chairs of HTML WG and XHTML2 WG to ensure there is a plan
    for coordination of vocabularies to avoid incompatibilities. -- due
    2009-04-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/105

      [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/105

HTML/XHTML WG relation

    <DanC> ACTION-105 due next week

    <trackbot> ACTION-105 Should arrange a meeting between chairs of
    HTML WG and XHTML2 WG to ensure there is a plan for coordination of
    vocabularies to avoid incompatibilities. due date now next week

    rubys: plh currently not interested discussing merging

    masinter: why is RDFa relevant?

    <DanC> ACTION-114 due 21 May

    <trackbot> ACTION-114 Report progress on ARIA TF due date now 21 May

    rubys: if *HTML would be merged, we'd have to figure out what to do
    with RDFa

    masinter: what's the criterium for resolving this?

    danc: merged group would need to take XHTML requirements seriously

    masinter: some requirements are common, others ...

    rubys: we will know soon whether the requirements ARE taken
    seriously

    s(now/khave some good data/

    masinter: disposition of comments on public-html-comments
    ... are these tracked?

    <DanC> .
    [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/

      [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/

    danc: we let them accumulate

    rubys: do we need an issue tracker?

    danc: anybody can respond
    ... tracking gets more important when we get to the end

    rubys: Hickson is reading all of them

    <DanC> (process calls for timely technical response? really?)

    masinter: issues with Ian's process
    ... ...schedule-wise...

    rubys: can accelerate for specific issues

    <DanC> "The group SHOULD reply to a reviewer's initial comments in a
    timely manner." --
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#formal-
    address

      [37] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#formal-address

    danc: we could do better
    ... discussion of "author" stylesheet

    s/uathor/author/

    Matt: groups take each other seriously, but disagree on what is
    important

    masinter: need priorization of requirements
    ... can agree on technical solutions even when disgagreeing on ther
    things

    <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to say that Hixie's mechanism for
    displaying author-only view of draft does work as expected (in
    browsers that support user stylesheet switching)

    <DanC> [38]http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html

      [38] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html

    MikeSmith: user stylesheet should work in W3C version of the spec as
    well

    <DanC> i can't get it to work at
    [39]http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/

      [39] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/

    <rubys> action mike to make author guide user stylesheet work with
    the W3C version of the spec as well

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-122 - Make author guide user stylesheet
    work with the W3C version of the spec as well [on Michael(tm) Smith
    - due 2009-05-14].

    <MikeSmith> it works in Minefield and Opera for me

    works for me in W3C copy

    <DanC> close ACTION-118

    <trackbot> ACTION-118 Reformat the document on URLs in HTML 5 as an
    Internet Draft closed

F2F 2009

    <DanC> ACTION-115?

    <trackbot> ACTION-115 -- Michael(tm) Smith to set up WBS for HTML WG
    participants to @@ reTPAC 2009 -- due 2009-05-28 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/115

      [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/115

    danc: if the meeting is criticial we should make sure administrivia
    are taken care of

    <Laura> Laura is 349.aabb

    <Laura> +Laura_Carlson

    <billyjackass> action-122 comment: it already works in the W3C
    version as well

    <billyjackass> comment action-122: it already works in the W3C
    version as well

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: dan to submit id for URLs in HTML 5 [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [42]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([43]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/05/07 16:56:07 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [44]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 0.98)

Succeeded: s/toding/doing/
Succeeded: s/by one/by two/
Succeeded: s/seriusly/seriously/
Succeeded: s/now/know/
Succeeded: s/know/have some good data/
FAILED: s/uathor/author/
Succeeded: s/issigned/assigned/
Succeeded: s/two month/two months/
Succeeded: s/will now soon/will know soon/
Succeeded: s/uahtor/author/
Found Scribe: Julian
Inferring ScribeNick: Julian

WARNING: Replacing list of attendees.
Old list: +49.251.280.aaaa
New list: Sam DanC +1.218.349.aabb Julian Matt_May Masinter dsinger Cyn
thia_Shelly Mike

Default Present: Sam, DanC, +1.218.349.aabb, Julian, Matt_May, Masinter
, dsinger, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike
Present: Sam DanC +1.218.349.aabb Julian Matt_May Masinter dsinger Cynt
hia_Shelly Mike
Regrets: Doug_Schepers
Found Date: 07 May 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [45]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-minutes.
html
People with action items: dan

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/07-html-wg-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


    End of [46]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 7 May 2009 17:04:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:50 UTC