W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2008

{minutes} HTML WG telcon 2008-07-31

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:45:09 -0500
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-Id: <1217529909.6785.403.camel@pav.lan>

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 16:57 -0700, Chris Wilson wrote:
> The HTML Working Group will convene its weekly issue-tracking
> teleconference on 2008-07-31 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

Topics 
     1. Convene, review agenda
     2. aria-processing (ISSUE-35), aria-role ISSUE-14
     3. ISSUE-37 html-svg-mathml
     4. publication schedule

http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html






                            HTML WG Weekly

31 Jul 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2008JulSep/0016.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          ChrisWilson, Cynthia_Shelly, DanC, Gregory_Rosmaita, Julian,
          Laura, Laura_Carlson, Doug_Schepers_(Shepazu), robburns,
          takkaria

   Regrets
          Joshue, Josh_O_Connor

   Chair
          ChrisWilson

   Scribe
          DanC

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Convene, review agenda
         2. [6]aria-processing (ISSUE-35), aria-role ISSUE-14
         3. [7]ISSUE-37 html-svg-mathml
         4. [8]publication schedule
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Convene, review agenda

   <ChrisWilson> review issues discussed this week

   <scribe> scribe: DanC

   <ChrisWilson> any additional agenda items? Going once...twice...?

aria-processing (ISSUE-35), aria-role ISSUE-14

   ACTION-73?

   <trackbot> ACTION-73 -- Dan Connolly to follow up on WAI-ARIA markup
   thread, emphasizing the conformance point -- due 2008-07-31 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/73

     [10] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/73

   DanC: in progress.

   <ChrisWilson> due today: action-23, on Joshue

   action-23?

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using
   ARIA -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

     [11] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

   <oedipus> [12]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria - new editor's draft
   impending

     [12] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria

   <oedipus> new conformance wording and host embedding verbiage - will
   be pushed to TR space soon

   <DanC_> good to know, oedipus

   <oedipus> danC, the new TR has revised verbiage about host language
   embedding and aaron leventhal is working with a team of implementors
   on a User Agent Implementation Guide to ARIA

   GR: at our last ftf [when?] we discussed test suite building and who
   was to do which parts...
   ... but we're working on issues on host language embedding...
   ... to appear in upcoming WD

   DanC: best guess at next checkpoint? Dec? Oct?

   GR: Oct is a target

   action-23?

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using
   ARIA -- due 2008-10-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

     [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

   action-54?

   <trackbot> ACTION-54 -- Chris Wilson to ask PF WG to look at drafted
   text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on
   img elements -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

   CW: on action-54, I meant to set the date to 6 Aug; we're waiting
   for something from WAI PF

   <ChrisWilson> done

   <Laura> We are still waiting for a reply from the PFWG for Action
   Item 54 regarding

   <Laura>
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Mar/0234.htm
   l

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Mar/0234.html

   <Laura>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0408.htm
   l

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0408.html

   <Laura> Action 54 is dependent on PF's response. Request for an
   Action Item 54 time extension until there is a response from the
   PFWG.

   <takkaria>
   [17]http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5/MediaSpecifcElements
   might be of interest, too

     [17] http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5/MediaSpecifcElements

   <oedipus> takkaria, that's part of a rudimentary collection page for
   PF issues to coordinate with and review for HTML5

   <oedipus> [18]http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5 is main page

     [18] http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5

   <oedipus> takkaria, the media specific elements is an action item i
   have from the PF face to face

   <oedipus> takkaria, we (PF) were asked to outline and define
   requirements

   <oedipus> ARIA User Agent Implementors Guide (Moz Dev doc) -
   [19]http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA_to_API_mapping

     [19] http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA_to_API_mapping

ISSUE-37 html-svg-mathml

   DS: there's discussion on SVG itself and on more general integration
   issues
   ... Hixie says he hasn't yet reviewed the SVG WG proposal. Some
   comments from hsivonen are pending; vacations make progress slow

   <ChrisWilson> any other issues to discuss?

publication schedule

   DS: I note recent mail from Mike Smith re publication schedule

   CW: overly frequent publication is somewhat expensive for me, for
   monitoring the scope

   <oedipus> next steps on forms? GJR's thoughts (logged as part of
   survey/vote):
   [20]http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

     [20] http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

   <oedipus> requirements & recommendations on forms in HTML5:
   [21]http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

     [21] http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

   DS: forms likely to land in October?

   CW: or sooner; as forms are clearly in our charter, that's not
   burdensome

   <robburns> :-)

   <ChrisWilson> (but we do need to honor the publication schedule)

   <ChrisWilson> move to adjourn

   <oedipus> second

   <ChrisWilson> adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/07/31 18:41:18 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Thursday, 31 July 2008 18:44:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:50 UTC