Re: Failures in Canvas2D test suite

On 16/09/13 18:51, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> I quickly looked over the failed results.
>
> For the first table, the tests are not really testing canvas pattern
> but the 'loading state' of images which is not part of canvas 2d.

They appear to be testing the interactions between canvas and other
parts of the platform. This is not only a legitimate thing to test but
one of the most important.

> For the second table: - the type of exception for the imageData
> failures are not in the spec so this is undefined behavior - same for
> the gradient failures. - same for drawImage

They are specified in WebIDL.

> For the third table, the 'font' property is supposed to return the
> serialized value. This is outside the scope of the canvas 2d spec
> (and also seems underunspecified)

Again, the interaction of canvas with other specifications is a totally
legitimate thing to test. Serialization of CSS properties is well
defined these days [1], although iirc this is rather new and may not be
reflected in the tests and/or implementations yet.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#serializing-css-values