Re: Starting a test suite for Web Audio

Hi Chris,

See my comments inline.

Why not include your tests directly within https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests like other WGs are doing (e.g. WebApps)?
> At the moment we are discussing the best way to test audio rendering,
> as there are two approaches that might work. We've ported two tests from
> the Webkit/Blink and Mozilla test suites and are discussing the pros
> and cons on our list (public-audio@w3.org (mailto:public-audio@w3.org)). We've also made a start
> on using WebIDL for tests.

Are you using idlharness for this?

> No pull requests for the main platform tests yet, but I thought I'd
> let you know of our status.
>
> A quick question: Is there a "test runner" or something to automate the
> running of a large number of tests and summarise the results?

Not yet, but this is planned as part of our testing effort. We're at the funding stage of this effort at present, so if this is something your group or employer is interested in helping fund, please reach out to me directly.

Thanks,

--tobie