HTML5 Spec Section Classification

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 02:06:15 +0000
To: "'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
Below is a revised set of section classifications from the various feedback.

The goal is to be able to point people to areas of the spec that we need more tests B) and C) so that we have a comprehensive test suite.
Additionally it's important to know what sections of the spec appear to be implementable D) and what sections of the spec are at risk due to lack of implementations E).

A) has conformance no requirements
B) has conformance requirements, no tests
C) has conformance requirements, no tests, known interop issues (for example the-input-byte-stream)
D) has conformance requirements, has a number of tests, two or more browsers passing all tests
E) has conformance requirements, has tests, tests exist that don't pass in two or more browsers

Here is an application of such classification
A) introduction
A) Infrastructure/terminology/resources
A) Infrastructure/terminology/Xml
B) Infrastructure/terminology/Dom-trees
B) Infrastructure/terminology/scripting-0

http://w3c-test.org/html-testsuite/master/tools/coverage/

-Kris