Re: question re: <li> test -- CR vs. Nightly

On 18/01/2013 18:49 , Dzenana Trenutak wrote:
> After giving the "sections" section a try (as submitted to GitHub on
> Jan. 15), I'm moving on to "grouping".  It looks like many of these
> elements can be approached with the same tests as for "sections", so
> code review feedback will indeed be useful.  :-)  Please don't
> hesitate to be as nit-picky as you have time for - I'd like to write
> these tests exactly as you'd prefer them.   I'm also curious if I
> captured all necessary tests for the "sections" section or if I missed
> something.

Thanks a lot for that! Ms2ger has been reviewing your tests — I hope you
find the feedback useful.

> At the moment, I have a question re: a difference between the CR draft
> and the Nightly on a "grouping" element -  for <li>, CR contains this
> note that was removed from Nightly:  "Note:  If the li element is the
> child of a menu element and itself has a child that defines a command,
> then the li element will match the :enabled and :disabled
> pseudo-classes in the same way as the first such child element does."
> Is it likely that this will be removed from the CR draft as well, or
> should I go ahead to test this statement?

As James said, this isn't normative so it shouldn't be the source of a test.

But in general, the way we work is that the master branch contains all
tests that apply to the most up-to-date spec (nightly) and we have a CR
branch for stuff that's just in CR. Right now, given the tests we have,
those are pretty much the same thing so I wouldn't worry too much about
it. That said, if you do submit tests for which you know there's a
difference please make sure to indicate that in the pull request (it
helps reviewers to know what they're reviewing against).

Finally, if you see a feature that's in CR but not in nightly, I think
you probably shouldn't bother testing it. It's very likely something
that will get dropped.

Thanks a lot!