Re: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 2/26/2013

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:36:43 +0900
To: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Cc: "'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, 2013-02-28 00:39 +0000:

> Notes
>
> The group discussed how to leverage robins coverage report such that we start to enumerate sections of the spec that we should prioritize for testing.
> We agreed that that the task force should start to classify every section in the spec, such that each section would be labeled.
>
> For example...
>     A) no requirements
>     B) has conformance requirements, no tests, known interop issues (for example the-input-byte-stream)
>     C) has conformance requirements, has tests (canvas)
>     D) has conf reqs, no tests, no known interop issues

If you go that way it seems like you'd also need an "has conformance
requirements, has tests, known interop issues".

Also, if a section has even just two tests it qualifies as "has tests". But
obviously we're not just aiming for that, so I think we'd need to have some
more granularity around "has tests"; e.g., "has tests but nowhere near
complete|enough" and "has [fairly] complete tests".

  --Mike