Re: Marking non-automated tests

On 07/02/2013 13:08 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 2/7/13 3:55 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Another option is to capture that in file names (if there's ".manual."
>> in the file name, then it's manual).
>
> (I kinda prefer Jame's suggestion to use an appropriately named
> directory for manual tests but I'm mostly indifferent.)

The problem with using a specific directory is that we then lose the
mapping from the test to the specification section (an important piece
of information that we're using to assess coverage).

>> Finally, we don't need metadata to mark a test as approved. Anything
>> that's in the suite is approved since submissions are in pull requests.
>
> One issue we have with at least one of WebApps' test suites is knowing
> if an approved test is for a specific dated version of the spec or the
> ED. How do you handle that in GH.

The way we're handling that is that we have the master branch for
"latest whatever" (ED) and a CR branch that maps to the latest snapshot.
I *think* it would be a bad idea to complexify this to the point where
we might need to map to multiple previous snapshots so I reckon in your
case you can do the same and use CR for snapshots (even if they aren't
in CR).