Re: some WebIDL testing / documentation

On 4/4/13 1:31 PM, ext Dzenana Trenutak wrote:
> OK, I've added what I gleaned about writing WebIDL tests up here
> <http://dzenana-trenutak.github.com/GitDocs/W3C_Testsuite_Tutorial/index.html>,
> updating all around to match the new repo name while I was at it.

Hi - I scanned the WebIDL test tutorial [1] and it contains good info so
thanks for that! After there is agreement on your question about which
"flavor" (or perhaps different flavors depending on the use case), then,
as you say, it would be good to update this document accordingly.

I suspect that creating WebIDL tests to facilitate advancing a spec to
REC will continue to be somewhat of a pain point for the various WGs
(not just HTMLWG). As such, perhaps it would be useful to create a
document that links to various related resources (f.ex. Dzenana's
tutorials, examples, etc.). Robin, Tobie - WDYT? I didn't notice
anything like this hanging off of <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Testing> and I
could create something like <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/WebIDL>. Or
is the idea to put this documentation somewhere in
<https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests>?

Re the WebIDL parser, your tutorial says to use [2] but it appears the
WebPerformance WG is using [3] and I noticed [2] is not in
w3c-test.org/resources/.

Would someone please clarify whether new tests should use [2] or [3]
used? (If [2] is the one, I would appreciate it if someone would please
see that a copy is placed in w3c-tests.org/resources/.)

-Thanks, AB

[1]
<http://dzenana-trenutak.github.com/GitDocs/W3C_Testsuite_Tutorial/ExampleTest_WebIDL.html>
[2] <https://github.com/darobin/webidl2.js/blob/develop/lib/webidl2.js>