[HTML testing] CfC: Adopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related decisions

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:11:31 -0400
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org
On 10/08/2012 05:02 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Recently, the Chairs of the HTML Working Group proposed a plan to
> bring HTML5 to Recommendation by 2014. This plan was created in
> consultation with W3C Management and key leaders of the W3C
> Accessibility community. The plan has been discussed and the Chairs
> have revised it based on feedback. At this time, the Chairs propose
> to adopt this plan by consensus.

I'd like to draw this group's attention to a specific portion of the
plan[1]:

> We also begin work on a systematic HTML5.0 Testing Plan, with the goals being:
>
>   * identifying areas that are known to be interoperable and don't
>     need further tests.
>   * identify areas that are known not to be interoperable, and to be
>     removed without the need for investing time in the creation of
>     tests.
>   * for the remaining areas:
>       * systematically determine which features we currently have
>         test cases for
>       * systematically determine which features we still need
>          test cases for

The following may also be helpful: at risk features[2] and exit criteria
[3].

Is this something the Test Suite Task Force can help out with?

- Sam Ruby

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/html5-2014-plan.html#html5.0-milestones
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=HTML5.0AtRiskFeatures