Re: Spring Cleaning (test.w.org and testharness.js incorrect location)

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
> Note that this defeats the point of having w3c-test at all, which is to
> provide security. Having people run tests on dvcs.w3.org is something we
> want to prevent, not encourage.

Then you have to disable raw-file functionality on dvcs.w3.org.  Note
that this would break DOM4, the editing spec, and maybe others that
expect links like

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/dom-core.html

to work.

> If there is a need to run specific, non-current, versions of tests from the
> w3c site rather than locally, we should solve that some other way.

hgweb is designed for exactly this use-case.  If people want to move
it from dvcs.w3.org to dvcs-w3.org or something, and add a 301, that's
fine by me.