Re: Migrate your submissions

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:48:54 +0000
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org
On 20/12/2012 17:35, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> if you've made a test submission that has not been processed in the
> past, please read this.
>
> I've done a lot of migrating submissions into pull requests today.
> This includes the following:
>
> DavidCarlisle

Thanks.

I originally made a couple of "test" submissions for mathml
support, for parsing and for a minimal rendering tests (just checking
that the rendering was different from <span> more or less.

The parsing tests were approved, the rendering tests were (not
unreasonably) held up as it wasn't clear what the process should be for
rendering tests (despite the fact that the foreign-content tests that
were originally approved had several visual svg rendering tests).

It would be good to get more tests in but is the policy any clearer now?

Are tests of rendering allowed? If so is there a specific part of the
test suite for them?

If they are allowed should they (as my existing submission) use
javascript measuring (eg .offsetWidth) or should they use reftest style
or something else....

David