FW: [Request to move the test repositories to Github]

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 23:15:55 +0900
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org
FYI. Please reply on public-test-infra@w3.org list.

----- Forwarded message from Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> -----

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
To: "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 14:11:26 +0000
Subject: Request to move the test repositories to Github

Hi,

During a conversation in #testing today there was distinct agreement that
hosting the test repositories on GitHub would lower the barrier for test
contributions by non-W3C members and would generally be A Good Thing(TM).

I've had this conversation multiple times already, invariably leading to
the comment that not all members/staff would be happy with this change.

That's very much possible and totally understandable. But until there's a
forum where these issues can be raised and addressed, we're stuck in
status quo, which isn't very helpful either.

I'm not sure what the best place for this conversation is, but I was told
test-infra@ would be a good start.

Thanks,

--tobie

----- End forwarded message -----