Re: img_border_percent , object_border_perc and object_border_pixel testcases

Hi GĂ©rard,

On 09/29/2011 08:36 PM, public-html-testsuite@gtalbot.org wrote:
> http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/approved/xhtml5/img_border_percent.xhtml
> http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/approved/xhtml5/object_border_perc.xhtml
> http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/approved/xhtml5/object_border_pixel.xhtml
 >
> So, the logical question would be how far back should backward
> compatibility go in HTML5?

As specified in the Rendering section, in this case. See [1] in particular.

> All those testcases have no link to their authors. Is that normal? I mean,
> submitted testcases do not have to indicate their author or sources?

That's normal, yes.

> All those testcases have no assertion, no explanation for the rendering.
> If border="50%" is to be parsed and have a rendering effect with a border,
> then shouldn't the testcase have an assertion defining and explaining with
> regards to which element (containing block or element itself?) is such
> percentage applied on?

The test asserts that "50%" is treated as "50", as required by [1].

(I believe these tests should be converted to reftests, but they were
approved before we had a bad on unnecessary manual tests.)

> I wish to submit 2 testcases. Is there a webpage somewhere explaining
> steps to follow, guidelines, etc?

The process is described (somewhat) at [3].

HTH
Ms2ger

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/html/#attributes-for-embedded-content-and-images

[2] http://www.whatwg.org/html/#rules-for-parsing-non-negative-integers