Re: Status of reflection tests

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com> wrote:
> The group agreed (see the attached email) that we will push to review all tests that have been submitted to Hg.
> The plan was for this to occur from Oct 15th -> Dec 15th - no objections have occurred since.

Sorry, my bad.  I totally forgot about that e-mail, which was over
three months ago.  The timeframe seems a bit long to me, but okay, it
works.  So if I understand correctly, on October 15 the tests will all
be moved to the approved folder?

> I think it's really great that you/Google have provided these tests for anyone to use so that the web can be more interoperable.  I do want to set expectations to you and your employer 'Google' that getting consensus that a million tests are correct per the HTML5 spec is going to take some serious time.  That said the test have been submitted to the w3c and can be ran by anyone which has a lot of value even without being 'approved'.  This is similar to a specification that has been published by the editor as a 'draft'.
>
> Please note that I believe people do have good intentions in the group.  For example participants from both Opera and Microsoft have helped review and fix the audio/video tests that were submitted by Google.  Even though the tests were never updated by the 'Google' submitter post the test submission after multiple attempts to have him/her update the tests.
>
> So please be patient...

Yeah, sorry about that.  I'm happy as long as there's some definite
plan to approve the tests, even if it will take a while.  I just
forgot that there actually was one.  Never mind me.