Re: Opera History Test Submissions

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:17:02 +0200, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
>>
>> Out of interest, did we ever agree that this was an actual requirement? My
>> opinion is that pointers to the spec aren't that useful unless they can
>> point at specific conormance criteria (rather than at whole sections). For
>> example saying these tests are for the history section with a pointer to
>> that section seems quite redundant.
>
> I would prefer not to require such data to be added to tests. It's a
> maintenance nightmare.

On the other hand, we're getting quite good use out of spec points in
the CSS test suite for 2.1, and expect similar use as our system is
applied to the testsuites of our newer specs.  It lets you indicate
coverage much more easily.

No particular opinion on whether they should point to the section or
the paragraph or the sentence fragment that defines the conformance
criteria.

~TJ