Re: html5lib tests

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:35:43 +0200 (CEST)
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, "public-html-testsuite@w3.org" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

>>> I'm not familiar with .dat . Who made this format?
>>
>> .dat just means it's a data file, the extension does not really matter.
>> Ian designed the parser test format and wrote the first seventy or so
>> tests.
>
> So it seems we don't need to worry about using it then,

The tests as submitted are generated from the html5lib .dat files using a
script. Obviously other approaches are possible. The .dat files are
licensed under the MIT license so (IANAL) I would expect mechanical
translations to other formats to be under the same license.

If people are submitting new tests for the parser, I would expect them to
add the tests to the html5lib files and then regenerate the W3C copy.