Re: Automated Test Runner

On 20/02/11 00:42, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> I get the impression that Opera wants to have a fixed number of tests
> because their internal test runner expects that.  Maybe someone from
> Opera can clarify this.  At this point I see no particular reason that
> we'd need to always run the same number of tests.

So fundamentally the issue here is that a test that is present in one
build but not present in another does not show up as a regression; for a
variety of reasons, it's not overly practical for us to change this
behaviour. As such, things that implicitly fail by not reporting back a
result don't work for us.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com>