W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-testsuite@w3.org > April 2011

RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 4/5/2011

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:42:44 +0000
To: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, "'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6E2EDBA33586754AB83E7D6B3C51CD091736DC23@TK5EX14MBXW651.wingroup.windeploy.ntdev.microsoft.com>
Meeting Notes:
* ms2ger has fixed a number of canvas bugs
* krisk to send A/V tests out to the list (fixes from feedback)
* James pushed a number of HTML5 parser tests 
* Looking for feedback to the attribute reflection tests chunk #1 (http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/AryehGregor/reflection/reflection-metadata.html)
* Looks like Mozilla 'onerror' tests are done (http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/DavidBaron/)?

-Kris

IRC Log - 
[08:00] == krisk [qw3birc@128.30.52.28] has joined #htmlt
[08:01] == Zakim [rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169] has joined #htmlt
[08:01] == RRSAgent [rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169] has joined #htmlt
[08:01] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/04/05-htmlt-irc
[08:01] <krisk> zakim, this is htmlt
[08:01] <Zakim> sorry, krisk, I do not see a conference named 'htmlt' in progress or scheduled at this time
[08:03] <krisk> conference call is not available...
[08:03] <krisk> I'll follow up with phl
[08:04] <krisk> so we'll just do this over IRC
[08:05] <krisk> Here is the agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Apr/0007.html
[08:06] <krisk> Agenda Item #1 Bugs on approved tests
[08:07] <krisk> tinyurl link to bugzilla http://tinyurl.com/3jgnk98
[08:07] <krisk> We have no new bugs
[08:09] <krisk> though ms2ger has been busy fixing a few of the canvas bugs (http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/)
[08:11] <krisk> He/She has fixed bug 11871
[08:11] <krisk> see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/rev/4a2eef00b4cc
[08:12] <krisk> So bug 11871 can be resolved as fixed
[08:12] <jgraham> (Ms2ger is male)
[08:12] <jgraham> (or claims to be on the internet)
[08:12] <krisk> good to know
[08:13] <krisk> He has also fixed 12045 http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/rev/08ec41fb189d
[08:13] <krisk> So this bug can be resolved fixed as well
[08:14] <krisk> He has also fixed 11917 as well http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/rev/f8a986c35c7f
[08:14] <krisk> So this can bug can also be resolved
[08:15] <krisk> He has also made an update for 12142 - though only in the submission folder
[08:16] <krisk> Intresting has has also added the base64 test(s) to the approvedtests.txt file
[08:16] <jgraham> They were reviewed OK
[08:16] <jgraham> So that seems reasonable
[08:17] <krisk> I don't recall that we had concensus that this should be approved
[08:17] <krisk> ...maybe the status of btoa/atob has changed in the spec
[08:17] <jgraham> I don't know how we get consensus something is approved. But there are already complaints that our process is too heavyweight
[08:18] <jgraham> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#dom-windowbase64-atob and so on
[08:19] <krisk> As long as it's still part of the spec that then this is fine
[08:20] <krisk> though Ian said he made a mistake and didn't mean to add it to the spec
[08:20] <krisk> If it gets removed then we can remove the tests since they are not part of the spec
[08:21] <krisk> I'm just trying to be consistent
[08:22] <krisk> ..surely people would not think it was fair to approve tests that are not part of the html5 spec
[08:24] <krisk> Moving on to agenda item #2
[08:24] <jgraham> Since no one has been asked to do that, it seems like a non-problem
[08:25] <krisk> Per the last meeting I moved all the google A/V tests to the approved folder, minus ones that had feedback
[08:25] <krisk> 20 need fixes - some of which is pretty minor
[08:26] <krisk> I'll send them to the list to see if anyone want to volunteer to fix these remaining tests
[08:28] <krisk> I also see that david baron has submit three onerror tests http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/DavidBaron/
[08:29] <krisk> Has has not sent an email out to the list..
[08:29] <krisk> though looking at the tests they seem fine
[08:30] <jgraham> We need a better system for tracking which commits have review :)
[08:30] <jgraham> and which need it
[08:30] <jgraham> I havne't looked at those tests closely yet
[08:31] <krisk> It's not hard to in a xterm to diff the two folders and list out tests that have not been approved
[08:31] <jgraham> Right, that's not really a system for the WG to track things though
[08:32] <jgraham> Also, some tests in /submitted are not ready yet
[08:33] <krisk> ...or they are and are not going to get approved because they are not normative
[08:34] <krisk> ..or the group has a dislike for the tests (old attribute tests)..
[08:35] <krisk> Seems like a monthly sweep through the repository would help make sure no tests become stale
[08:37] <krisk> This would help for this case when a test is submitted but no email is sent to the list about the tests being 'complete'
[08:38] <krisk> Per the last meeting (attribute reflection tests) I sent a link out last night to the list
[08:38] <krisk>  http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/AryehGregor/reflection/reflection-metadata.html
[08:38] <krisk> feel free to provide feedback on this 'chunk'
[08:39] <jgraham> Like I said before, the way this owrks out I expect reviewing the code to be most of the effort and the individual files to be a relatively minor component
[08:39] <jgraham> s/files/test files/
[08:40] <krisk> send the feedback out to the list
[08:42] <krisk> how is the parser tests coming along?
[08:42] <krisk> will you be submitting them to the repository soon?
[08:42] <jgraham> They are in the repository
[08:42] <jgraham> But I need to add a couple of files
[08:43] <jgraham> However they should work already
[08:43] <jgraham> (with a couple of known issues)
[08:43] <krisk> I see them http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/Opera/html5lib/
[08:44] <krisk> what are the know issues?
[08:44] <jgraham> If you use document.write mode the expectations for tests involving lone surrogates are wrong
[08:46] <krisk> I'll take a peek since they are now in the repository
[08:46] <jgraham> They are broken in WebKit due to over-enthusiastic blocking of access to the contentDocument of data: uri iframes
[08:47] <krisk> any way to work around this bug?
[08:48] <jgraham> Well the document.write mode will work subject to the proviso above
[08:51] <krisk> maybe the webkit folks can fix their bug?
[08:51] <krisk> good info, shall we adjourn?
[08:51] <jgraham> Indeed
[08:53] <krisk> rrsagent, generate minutes
[08:53] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/04/05-htmlt-minutes.html krisk

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kris Krueger
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 5:36 PM
To: 'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'
Subject: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 4/5/2011

Agenda

#1 Check for any bugs on approved tests
#2 Anyone interested in fixing remaining google A/V tests?
#3 Please send feedback to the list about reflection attribute tests See -> http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/AryehGregor/reflection/reflection-metadata.html

If you have other items you would like, please email me directly.

-Thanks!

IRC #HTMLT
Time 16:00-17:00 UTC (11:00am-12:00pm Boston local) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 48658
Received on Thursday, 14 April 2011 15:43:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 14 April 2011 15:43:13 GMT