Re: Canvas, Audio, Video Test Submission

From: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:13:00 +0100
To: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
CC: "'public-html-testsuite@w3.org' (public-html-testsuite@w3.org)" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
Kris Krueger wrote:
> In an effort to improve browser interoperability, Microsoft has submitted more HTML5 tests for audio, video and canvas.
> Microsoft welcomes feedback on the tests if they are incorrect per the HTML5 specification.
>
> http://test.w3.org/html/tests/submission/Microsoft/

I've checked all the tests in
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/submission/Microsoft/canvas/ and they look
valid to me, except canvas_pixelmanipulation_imagedata_001.htm is
incorrect: it calls ctx.getImageData(0, 0, 1, 1) and then assumes
imgdata.width == 1. The spec says: "Note: The width and height (w and h)
might be different from the sw and sh arguments to the above methods,
e.g. if the canvas is backed by a high-resolution bitmap, or if the sw
and sh arguments are negative". The test should be changed so that it
works regardless of the initial value of imgdata.width.

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk