From: public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Philip Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:15 AM
To: Kris Krueger
Cc: 'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'
Subject: Re: Canvas tests

Kris Krueger wrote:
> I took a peak at the first three tests (fallback
> http://philip.html5.org/tests/canvas/suite/tests/index.fallback.html).
> The tests look to be a good start, though looking at the test.js file
> it appears to contain special logic for various browsers. For example
> see function _getPixel(canvas, x,y) [...] It appears that this was
> needed to get the tests to run on more browsers.  Though I'd rather
> see tests run the same in all browsers, which would mean to remove
> these workarounds.

Good point - I believe they were needed for Firefox 2.0 and pre-release versions of Opera 9.5 in order to get sensible results in test cases that weren't designed to be testing getImageData, but all modern browsers implement getImageData correctly so it shouldn't be necessary.
I've changed my local copy now so it simply calls the function with no extra workarounds (though I won't update the online copy until I've tested it more carefully).

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk