W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-testsuite@w3.org > February 2010

RE: 2010-02-09 Meeting Notes

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:49:28 +0000
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
CC: "'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'" <'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'>, "'Michael(tm) Smith'" <mike@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3607818D324EC04E8767AA21E274C023282B071A@TK5EX14MBXW652.wingroup.windeploy.ntdev.microsoft.com>
Here is my copy of the IRC log from the meeting, hope this helps.

-Thx

*** krisk [836b0048@128.30.52.43] has joined #htmlt
*** @krisk
*** Channel created on Tue Feb  9 15:58:45 2010
*** gsnedders [gsnedders@204.232.194.186] has joined #htmlt
<gsnedders> Looks like I'm not phoning in today
<krisk> OK
*** Zakim [rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.30] has joined #htmlt
<krisk> rssagent, start meeting
*** jgriffin [jgriffin@24.22.234.111] has joined #htmlt
<krisk> invite rrsagent
<gsnedders>  /invite
<krisk> jgriffin are you on the phone - or just IRC?
<jgriffin> both
<krisk> great
<krisk> rssagent, set logs public
<krisk> trackbot, start meeting
*** RRSAgent [rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169] has joined #htmlt
<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-htmlt-irc
* gsnedders does it for krisk :P
<krisk> I can scribe
<krisk> meeting: htmltf
<krisk> scribe: krisk
<krisk> present: gsnedders krisk jgriffin
<gsnedders> For some definition of present :)
<krisk> looks like it's just us 3 at the meeting
<krisk> The first item was to ask about was an update on  Mecurial
<krisk> I'll ping phillip post the meeting about this action item (http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/2)
<krisk> I ask for some connection information and once it appears to work I'll make a post to the list
<krisk> jgriffin will take action item http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/6 (ref test example)
<krisk> jgriffin states that mozilla uses the canvas -> data url api from HTML5
<krisk> is that for only canvas or the whole window content
<jgriffin> it's for the canvas, which contains a copy of the test window's contents
<krisk> how about you come back with a simple example - can you do this?
<krisk> I'll update the tracker date for another 2 weeks
<krisk> gsnedders - any feedbck on this action item?
<gsnedders> What action item?
<gsnedders> 6?
<krisk> yes
<krisk> jgriffin will take ownership and come back with an example that uses canvas apis to validate the test case
<gsnedders> Not much. That seems sensible
<krisk> gsnedders any update to the parser tests? http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/7
<gsnedders> Oh, I was going to ask what you meant about the content sniffing?
<gsnedders> But I'm generally very busy with 10.50 and the impending beta
<krisk> basically if you look at the byte stream you can detect that it's an image and even that it's a bitmap, etc
<gsnedders> OK, so content-type sniffing? That's not ion HTML 5 any more.
<krisk> ok
<gsnedders> I thought what I agreed to was just general HTML parsing tests, throw together something about formats, and what html5lib does
<krisk> that is fine - can you update the tracker item with your view?
<gsnedders> Sure
<krisk> thx
<krisk> The next part of the meeting I wanted to discuss leveraging the old DOM HTML Test suite for the HTML5 Test Suite
<gsnedders> If we're gonna discuss that, let me phone in actually
<gsnedders> Zakim, what's the code?
<Zakim> sorry, gsnedders, I don't know what conference this is
<gsnedders> Zakim, this is htmlt
<Zakim> ok, gsnedders; that matches HTML_WG(HTMLT)11:00AM
<krisk> try Time 16:00-17:00 UTC (11:00am-12:00pm Boston local) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 48658
<gsnedders> Zakim, what's the code?
<Zakim> the conference code is 48658 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), gsnedders
* gsnedders wanted the GB code
<Zakim> +gsnedders
<krisk> I'd like to move parts - not specifically the harness
<krisk> gsnedders concerned that some tests are not too usefull and/or vauge
<krisk> thats why I don't think it would be wise to move the whole suite
<krisk> gsnedders thinks it alot of work to re-use that write tests from scratch
<krisk> I think that means gsnedders doesn't want this action item (laughter on phone....)
<gsnedders> More just that I think we're going to have to spend a lot of time reviewing them to ensure they have a good clear pass condition, that they match the HTML 5 psec, etc.
<gsnedders> I think we're better off spending the time just writing new tests, because I think that'll take more time than it would to just write an exhausive test suite from the HTML 5 spec.
<gsnedders> (That's basically what I meant by what I said on the phone)
<krisk> any other feedback on this?
<krisk> would you be open to using these tests - if indeed that appeared to have some value and helped overall browser interop?
<krisk> any other items that people wanted to discuss or bring up?
<Zakim> -gsnedders
<Zakim> - +1.425.220.aaaa
<krisk> sound like this is it for this meeting
<krisk> RRSAgent, make minutes
<RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-htmlt-minutes.html krisk
*** jgriffin [jgriffin@24.22.234.111] has quit [Quit: jgriffin]

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Sneddon [mailto:gsneddon@opera.com] 
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:28 AM
To: Kris Krueger
Cc: 'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'; 'Michael(tm) Smith'
Subject: Re: 2010-02-09 Meeting Notes

Kris Krueger wrote:
> Full meeting notes -> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-htmlt-minutes.html

I can't access these: just get 403 insufficient permissions. Mike, can 
you flip the public bit?

-- 
Geoffrey Sneddon - Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com/>
<http://www.opera.com/>
Received on Thursday, 11 February 2010 15:50:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 11 February 2010 15:50:27 GMT