Re: Request for Feedback On Test Harness

On 12/01/2010 12:54 PM, James Graham wrote:

> So an API improvement to make writing the kind of test in your example
> easier would be satisfactory? Rather than making specific API for the
> run-a-test-with-a-single-assert-and-no-other-code case, a possibility
> would be to have a generate_tests() function. You would pass this a
> function, and an array containing parameters to pass to the function
> call e.g.
>
> generate_tests(assert_equals, [
> [1+1,2],
> [2+3,5]])
>
> This would generalize better since one could pass in a custom written
> function that did more than a simple assert_*

FWIW I made a simple implementation of this and used it to write some
tests that did indeed have more to them than a simple assert_ but could
be (trivially) factored into a form where they differed only in the
input parameters to a function. It seemed pretty usable to me, but I may
not be the best judge of code/api aesthetics.