Re: Request for Feedback On Test Harness

On 12/01/2010 02:08 PM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> However, if people start writing their non-assertion code outside a
> test() wrapper, isn't the whole point of the test() wrapper defeated
> and onerror becomes necessary anyway?

Quite apart from the fact that it is not universally implemented, I
don't think onerror really solves any problem. At best it is a way of
saying "something in this file failed". It is important to Opera to get
a consistent list of tests back from a given file (that is, when there
is no crash we want all the tests to run, even if there was an
unexpected exception not associated with an assert). When we have
imported testsuites that failed to do this, it has caused problems.