WebIDL based test cases

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:34:49 +0100
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org

wttjs is an open-source perl tool that generates test cases from WebIDLs
fragments when provided with minimal information about how to generate
instance objects for the said interfaces:

I’ve made experiments with this tool on the Geolocation API WebIDLs and
the Widgets Interface WebIDL:
where it seemed to identify possible bugs in the implementations or in
the specs.

I noticed that the developer of the tool generated test cases for the
HTML5 spec:
(although I can’t easily tell from which version of the spec the WebIDLs
were extracted)

The results table already highlight potentially interesting results:

The instantiation file for HTML5 is marked as “incomplete” so it would
most likely need further work — I haven’t found a license attached to
it, but given the rest of the work done by the author, I assume we could
likely get confirmation that it is available under an open-source

I thought I would share the existence both of the tool and of the test
cases with the list, hoping that it can serve as a good source for a
number of test cases.