WebIDL based test cases

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:34:49 +0100
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org
Hi,

wttjs is an open-source perl tool that generates test cases from WebIDLs
fragments when provided with minimal information about how to generate
instance objects for the said interfaces:
http://suika.fam.cx/www/webidl2tests/readme
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2009OctDec/0067.html

I’ve made experiments with this tool on the Geolocation API WebIDLs and
the Widgets Interface WebIDL:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Oct/0007.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0405.html
where it seemed to identify possible bugs in the implementations or in
the specs.

I noticed that the developer of the tool generated test cases for the
HTML5 spec:
http://suika.fam.cx/~wakaba/-temp/test/dom/js-binding/tests/html5-r2321/all..html
(although I can’t easily tell from which version of the spec the WebIDLs
were extracted)

The results table already highlight potentially interesting results:
http://suika.fam.cx/gate/test-results/list/html5-r2321/all

The instantiation file for HTML5 is marked as “incomplete” so it would
most likely need further work — I haven’t found a license attached to
it, but given the rest of the work done by the author, I assume we could
likely get confirmation that it is available under an open-source
license.

I thought I would share the existence both of the tool and of the test
cases with the list, hoping that it can serve as a good source for a
number of test cases.

HTH,

Dom