Encrypted Media Extensions specification completion

From: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:39:03 -0400
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Following this morning discussion related to the slow progress on the
EME testing [1], I'd like to express skepticism on the possibility of
getting the EME specification done in a reasonable amount of time. Very
few of the participants in the Working Group seem engaged in the testing
effort. Requests for additional help went unanswered. As a consequence,
the charter of the HME WG is running out at the end of September 2016
and we don't understand how long we need to finish the work on the EME
specification, in particular proper testing. The lack of tests resources
(and possibly proper implementations as well?) are seriously putting the
specification in jeopardy. I strongly encourage the participants who are
interested in making sure that the work on EME gets completed to look at
the notes in [1] and reach out to the Chair no later than TPAC. We run a
risk of never getting EME done at the moment if we don't have a clearer
plan for EME testing.

Philippe

[1] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/13-html-media-minutes.html#item09