Re: Formal objections to Encrypted Media Extensions

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 19:54 +0000, Paul Cotton wrote:
> Devin
>
> > ... please remove DRM from the W3C web standards.
>
> Can you help me understand how your objection is any substantively
> different from the objection in ISSUE-305?
> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/305

I have added my comment to that issue for reference.

(a quote from Paul Cotton from the above cited link)
> Participants should also be assured that recently filed Formal
> Objections will be recorded and will be reviewed with the W3C Director
> if/when the HME WG prepares an EME Proposed Recommendation for
> consideration by the Director and eventually the W3C Advisory
> Committee.

Please let us all know when the director has reviewed these comments.
Thank you.

In the meantime, I will do my best to explain the issue to people in my
own circles and tuned into my own channels and will deliver their
opinions, if they should want to share them.

Best,
Devin