RE: Branching of EME and MSE specs

I am explicitly adding several WG member that have commented on ISSUE-132 to bring this item to their attention.

> However some EME issues marked as V.Next (e.g. issue 132) are still under discussion as to the appropriate milestone. This seems like it would effectively shut down that discussion. Am I interpreting that correctly or would that still be an ongoing discussion?

The WG can continue to discuss VNext issues like [1] but after June 9 we will NOT be able to make any "substantive changes" to the EME specification for this or any other issues in order to stay on our published timeline.

If you or other WG members believe that changes need to be made to the EME specification to either:
a) clarify existing support for this feature or
b) to explicitly add support for this feature then you need to make any such proposals ASAP.

For example, I invite you to review Mark Watson's comment at [2] in which Mark proposes to split out VINonBlocking issues to do a).

/paulc

[1] https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/132
[2] https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/132#issuecomment-208981634