[encrypted-media] Keys in other sessions MUST be unaffected by closing a session, even if there are overlapping key IDs.

From: ddorwin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 00:21:31 +0000
To: public-html-media@w3.org
ddorwin has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media:

== Keys in other sessions MUST be unaffected by closing a session,
even if there are overlapping key IDs. ==
The spec currently says:
>Keys in other sessions SHOULD be unaffected, even if they have
overlapping key IDs.

This issue proposes to change the SHOULD to a MUST:
>Keys in other sessions MUST be unaffected, even if they have
overlapping key IDs.

As discussed in
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/184#discussion-diff-62884927,
 "it seems this SHOULD should be MUST. Otherwise, there is a
difference in observable behavior. At a minimum, non-overlapping key
IDs should be unaffected, but I think the spec should expect correct
and consistent behavior unless there is a good reason not to."
@mwatson2 agreed.

If there are no objections by May 20th, we will make this change.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/186 using your GitHub
account