RE: ISSUE-85: "tracked" sessions: architectural concerns pending resolution with TAG

> Could you explain how you arrive at that conclusion ?

When I reviewed the TAG opinion I arrived at my conclusion based on the last paragraph in the TAG review:

“In conclusion, the TAG does not believe that a web-based feature should require executing steps in an environment that is already in the process of closing down as described above. In general, the TAG favors designs that promote asynchronous or deferred actions; in contrast, requiring run-at-close steps as requested would likely be synchronous in order to reliably work in such a scenario, and therefore not appropriate for the web platform.”

Upon further review of the ENTIRE TAG review and based on the assumption that the current EME specification does NOT “require executing steps in an environment that is already in the process of closing down”, I believe my initial conclusion was wrong.

Therefore I believe the HTML Media WG should now discuss if ISSUE-85 should be closed with no other action.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada