Re: MSE spec and test status

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Note that obtaining acceptable MSE test results is now the “long pole” for
> starting a HME WG CfC to take MSE to Proposed Recommendation status.
>

> When do you plan to submit an updated report and/or when do you think we
> can generate new results from the updated MSE test suite?  Is there
> anything blocking you making progress on this effort?

I'm working on integrating pending test suite PRs at the moment. I
encourage my co-editors and user agent implementors to run the suite
iteratively and contribute PRs that fix the tests (and of course, update
user agent implementations to comply with the tests). Realistically, the
suite will not be ready for rerunning a report until Monday Aug 29.
Regarding the report, for known user agent issues, how can we document
those in the report so that it is clear which implementations are planning
to fix any specific failures?

Thanks,
Matt