Re: EME test status

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > The following Pull Requests are open for review:
>>
>> > - Persistent Usage Record DRM tests
>> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/3478> - these pass on
>> Edge with the polyfill
>>
>> > - Persistent License Clear Key tests
>> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/3424> - these pass on
>> all browsers with (large) polyfill
>>
>> > - KeyStatuses test
>> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/3490>
>>
>> > - Additional setMediaKeys tests
>> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/3494>
>>

>> Can someone please volunteer to review one or more of these EME test
>> suite Pull Requests?  Our work on the MSE test suite was delayed
>> significantly by lack of WPT PR reviews.  Let’s NOT have this happened
>> again for EME!
>>

>> > I am working on Persistent License DRM tests, which should be
>> available shortly.
>>

>> Mark:  Can you give us an update on when these additional tests will be
>> available?
>>

> ​They are written but not tested. I need to get my hands on a Chromebook
> to test them. If I can do so today (fairly likely), then I can put up the
> PR today. If not, I am OOO for the rest of the week, so it may be early
> next week.​

​Turns out our server does not appear to support the record of license
destruction​ generated by Widevine. This is not a show-stopper as we are
not writing tests for the server, but for the implementation. David has a
query out to the right team at Google to see if we can generate the
acknowledgement for that record of license destruction in the script
instead.

>> > There are some other tests in the Google directory, but there are
>> Chromium-specific
>>

>> Mark and David:  Can we please get agreement on exactly what tests are
>> Chromium-specific and do NOT need to be migrated?  Mark:  Can you start a
>> separate thread with the exact list of Chromium-specific tests?
>>

> ​Or, rather, the non-Chromium-specific ones. Yes.​

​Rather than a thread, I have filed an issue,
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues/3534, to track the
remaining work. Please chime in on the issue to claim some of those items.

...Mark