Re: Update on MSE and EME Testing

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> I believe that persistent-usage-record functionality works with Firefox /
> Primetime, with some rough edges on the Primetime side. However, we do not
> have a Primetime server for our testing, so we cannot verify this.

While some initial steps (that I've referred to previously on this
list) were taken towards persistent-usage-record -like functionality
on the Firefox side, those steps never reached the point of supporting
the persistent-usage-record API. As Chris said, we have no plans to
implement "persistent-usage-record" sessions.

> The Edge and CastTV implementations are close to compliance, I believe, and we are working on tests that will demonstrate that.

Do those implementations write to plain disk-like storage on CDM
shutdown or do they use some form of tamper-resistant storage during
playback? Which Key System does CastTV use? Was the text in the spec
alone sufficiently detailed to reach interop?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi