[CANCELLATION] HTML WG Media Task Force meeting on EME topics, Tue Nov 17

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:45:54 +0000
To: "David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> (ddorwin@google.com)" <ddorwin@google.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>, "Jerry Smith (IEP)" <jdsmith@microsoft.com>, Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>, "Vickers, Mark" <Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org)" <plh@w3.org>
I have reviewed the results of the EME discussions at the Sapporo F2F meeting [1] and the work that Task Force members have done since the F2F meeting.

I have closed any ACTION items that were assigned and that have been completed since the F2F meeting.

I have also sent several specific emails to TF members about their open ACTION items especially where they were not associated directly with open Github issues.

I have also commented on 10+ Github open issues where actions are required by individuals and/or questions need to answered in order for us to make progress.  In some cases I tried to pick obvious "victims" and I apologize if you were identified for items you are not able or interested in discussing.

After doing this research and the above actions, I have not identified a core set of issues that we could profitably discuss at tomorrow's Media Task Force meeting.

In addition there are over 20 open issues that are marked "to be implemented" [2] and I believe that Task Force members can help us make progress by creating Pull Requests for these issues and/or implementing the consensus decisions.

I encourage TF members to help make progress on the outstanding 46 open EME issues and to help close out the 20 issues where we have consensus.

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/10/30-html-media-minutes.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/labels/needs%20implementation

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada