Re: Please squash all commits before merging pull requests

I find that when following this procedure with a PR / branch which has been
kept up-to-date with other changes on gh-pages (via merges into the
branch), then the rebase step encounters many conflicts.

I think the problem is that rebasing attempts to replay the changes in the
branch on the head of gh-pages. The older commits in the branch contain
changes against an older version of gh-pages and these do not replay
cleanly.

Is this expected ? Any ideas how to avoid this ?

...Mark