Re: ACTION-88: Check on whether the proposed generic license request/response protocol is in scope of the current html wg charter

All,

My suggestion on the call today was that this work could be divided into
two parts:

Phase I: Further develop the "clear key" protocol to support the features
we believe should be standardized
Phase ||: Define security wrapping for the "clear key" protocol that would
enable its use as a real DRM protocol

I wonder if Phase I might be considered in scope ? This would enable us to
make progress on that in advance of the re-chartering or new group creation
needed to work on Phase ||. The answer to this question depends on the
reasons that the team judged the overall task out-of-scope.

...Mark