W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > March 2015

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-03-31 - EME status and bug/issue discussion, heartbeat publications, F2F meeting

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:39:48 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB11966080C34AFB92A2BE4972EAF50@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-03-31 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2tbe 

Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
 
Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD
 
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
 
2. Previous meeting minutes
Mar 24:
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/24-html-media-minutes.html  
Mar 17:
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/17-html-media-minutes.html  
Mar 3:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0005.html
Feb 17:
http://www.w3.org/2015/02/17-html-media-minutes.html
 
3. EME status and bugs
 
a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft 
https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/
Last updated on Mar 26

b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
Status as of Mar 30: 20 bugs
Status as of Mar 22: 21 bugs
Status as of Mar 16: 21 bugs
Status as of Mar 3: 21 bugs

c) EME GitHub issues
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues
Status as of Mar 30: 25 bugs
Status as of Mar 22: 26 issues
Status as of Mar 16: 27 issues
Status as of Mar 3: 27 issues

4. New issues (or ideas)

a) Issue 44: Idea: Add opaque "label" DOMString member to MediaKeySystemConfiguration
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/44

b) Issue 43: Provide guidance on object and CDM lifetime
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/43
Status: To be implemented.

5. Open actions from previous meetings

a) Issue #39 - MediaKeyStatusMap: Replace maplike with explicit methods
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39 
ACTION-78 - Look into @@iterators for issue 39 [on Mark Watson - due 2015-03-24].
Status: ACTION-78 was closed at the last meeting.  Discussion continues in the issue.

b) Issue #40 - replace "Distinctive Identifier" with "persistent Distinctive Identifier" where "use distinctive identifier" is false
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/40 
ACTION-81 - Contact henri about issue 40 [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-03-31].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/81 
Status: Awaiting Henri's response.

c) Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776
ACTION-79 - Draft a proposal for returning errors as per bug 26776 [on Jerry Smith - due 2015-03-31].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/79

d) Issue #9 - Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9
Status: Mark agreed to update issue at the last meeting.

6. Other open bugs/issues for discussion
http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues
Status: We will troll the Issues list for other discussion items.

7. EME and MSE heartbeat publications
Status: The EME and MSE heartbeat publications are imminent - probably will be published on Tue Mar 31.

8. Media TF F2F meeting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0011.html
Status:  8 people have confirmed and there will be a small continent of A11Y TF experts meeting in Redmond at the same time.
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2015/results 
ACTION-80: Organize potential f2f topics part of wiki and sent out notice asking for input from tf
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/80 

9. Next meeting

10. Any other business
 
11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

12. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==
 
Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
 
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80 

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 30 March 2015 21:40:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 30 March 2015 21:40:19 UTC